Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I just booked the one night stand from Rotterdam today! I'm so excited! I just couldn't resist. Life's too short right?

Just wish I could go on the transatlantic also. I had my eyes on that for so long but it coincides with my family reunion cruise on another ship.

The first thing I'm going to do when I get on board is run to Carlo's bakery and get a cannoli. I've been watching Cake Boss with my family and said as soon as I get to New York I'm going to go to Carlo's bakery. When the news came out that he's on the ship I was ecstatic! :)

Our first family vacation will be spent on the Breakaway on Sept 22nd! Beyond excited. Only ever traveled with Royal, but with the great deal (kids sail free) on Norwegian... we booked! Excitedly nervous! :)

We're with you there too (not so much kids-wise) - we've also only ever sailed on Royal (though I did Carnival & Celebrity when I was a teen, long time ago), so we're really looking forward to switching it up cruise line-wise. :cool:

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

EMCEE 207-no relationship to the Colt company. However, goes back somewhere in the family to Samuel.

Thanks for the compliments on the models. I will up-date as mini Breakaway progresses.

I saw comments on tags-we got them last year for our Gem cruise.

See that seems insane to me, why wouldn't they have such things available for easy purchase/ordering via the stateroom TV system, like all other modern ships do for restaurant reservations, excursions, etc.??? Especially considering this is supposed to be this ultra modern ship...I mean the rooms have automated efficient heating/cooling, but you can't buy a pass or reservation for a pool deck there??? Wow.

What's insane to me is, why does NCL NOT have a representative, right here, answering queries?

Our first family vacation will be spent on the Breakaway on Sept 22nd! Beyond excited. Only ever traveled with Royal, but with the great deal (kids sail free) on Norwegian... we booked! Excitedly nervous! :)

Having sailed the big ships of Norwegian Epic, Royal Allure of the Seas, and Royal Oasis of the Seas...while we immensely enjoyed all 3 we have decided that we like Norwegian more. Our next cruise will be Breakaway and I expect it to be the best yet...I am sure you and your family will not be disappointed. :)

We are on the same sailing welcome:Dcheck out the roll call for our cruise

The first thing I'm going to do when I get on board is run to Carlo's bakery and get a cannoli. I've been watching Cake Boss with my family and said as soon as I get to New York I'm going to go to Carlo's bakery. When the news came out that he's on the ship I was ecstatic! :)

I have never really liked cannoli and have only seen Cake Boss in passing. But a year or so ago, we had some family visiting who HAD to go to Carlo's, so they stopped there one day on their way back from the city. They picked up a box of items and brought them home. I tried a cannoli and OMG it was the most heavenly thing I have ever tasted! I have since tried to find more local cannoli that was anywhere near as delicious and so far, no luck - and you'd think that would be easy here, where Italian food is on every single block! Can't wait to get cannoli and birthday cake on my sailing either!!

Robin

What's insane to me is, why does NCL NOT have a representative, right here, answering queries?

I'm not sure they know either! I have spoken to the Pre-cruise concierge desk and browsed the Q&A board on the NCL website (where almost every question about the Breakaway has an NCL rep answer). Both places had no more answers to our puzzling questions than we do here.. In fact, on the NCL site, there are some answers that conflict with what we are seeing here and with the build pictures (like the questions about balcony placement on Forward Facing Suites). The pre-cruise concierge desk had no idea on any of my Vibe questions, and wasn't even able to book dinner reservations, even though I am within the 55 day period. I think it will be more a wait-and-see on many issues... I DO however, think an NCL Rep should be pitching in on this thread and contributing, then maybe NCL will learn some thing that WE already know :D.

Robin

EMCEE 207-no relationship to the Colt company. However, goes back somewhere in the family to Samuel.

Thanks for the compliments on the models. I will up-date as mini Breakaway progresses.

I saw comments on tags-we got them last year for our Gem cruise.

Well the tie to Samuel is interesting. Every time I pass thru Hartford I look for the blue onion. I had a business in Hartford back in the late eighties/early nineties only a mile or so from the old factory.

OK, well if from Vernon you must be a fan of one of my favorites, the late great Rockville Rocket aka Gene Pitney!!!

They do, NCL is actually the only line that I have noticed around these boards. But they have to be very careful of how they answer things around here, I bet they don't even know the answer to some of the questions themselves. I noticed when something is spiraling out of control, then they jump in and save the day.

I'm not sure they know either! I have spoken to the Pre-cruise concierge desk and browsed the Q&A board on the NCL website (where almost every question about the Breakaway has an NCL rep answer). Both places had no more answers to our puzzling questions than we do here.. In fact, on the NCL site, there are some answers that conflict with what we are seeing here and with the build pictures (like the questions about balcony placement on Forward Facing Suites). The pre-cruise concierge desk had no idea on any of my Vibe questions, and wasn't even able to book dinner reservations, even though I am within the 55 day period. I think it will be more a wait-and-see on many issues... I DO however, think an NCL Rep should be pitching in on this thread and contributing, then maybe NCL will learn some thing that WE already know :D.

Robin

TY (thank you)...

'nuff said.

They do, NCL is actually the only line that I have noticed around these boards. But they have to be very careful of how they answer things around here, I bet they don't even know the answer to some of the questions themselves. I noticed when something is spiraling out of control, then they jump in and save the day.

Azamara has a proper official blogging officer that is very active, even goes away and finds out the answer if they are not sure.

Azamara has a proper official blogging officer that is very active, even goes away and finds out the answer if they are not sure.

That's pretty cool, I haven't ventured over those boards :D. I am sure you can imagine why, maybe when I win the lottery.

I lie, actually I read a really good review there once.

People are saying you print them out yourself and then they are folded so they are 6 layers thick. Then you loop it through your luggage handle and staple together the ends.

I just cut mine out and put clear packing tape on both sides not one has ever been torn out of 7 sailings, doing it this way,don't need 6 layers.

Maybe they're afraid of sifting through the 144 pages! Lol

That, plus I'd venture to say that the minute one poked their head in here, all of us Breakaway nuts would go into frenzy mode, bombarding them with a barrage of questions. Then you can REALLY watch this thread blow up, lol :D

That, plus I'd venture to say that the minute one poked their head in here, all of us Breakaway nuts would go into frenzy mode, bombarding them with a barrage of questions. Then you can REALLY watch this thread blow up, lol :D

Bingo!

gambee,

Do you know if The Breakaway and the Getaway will have Windows (like the Jewel class ships) where you will be able to see into the Bridge?

Not sure if gambee, or anyone else, has any info on this, but personally I tend to doubt it. Loooking at deckplans, it would have to be on Deck 15, one deck above the bridge; however Deck 15 Forward is apparently where the Salt Room end of the Thermal Suite is located. Could be wrong, but I doubt it will be an option.

Edit - or possibly right behind the bridge on 14, but I'd bet that is only restricted crew access area.

Not sure if gambee, or anyone else, has any info on this, but personally I tend to doubt it. Loooking at deckplans, it would have to be on Deck 15, one deck above the bridge; however Deck 15 Forward is apparently where the Salt Room end of the Thermal Suite is located. Could be wrong, but I doubt it will be an option.

I am sorry I must of missed that question. I am so busy with this review... I was wondering that myself, I really hope they do, that would be so neat!

I have never really liked cannoli and have only seen Cake Boss in passing. But a year or so ago, we had some family visiting who HAD to go to Carlo's, so they stopped there one day on their way back from the city. They picked up a box of items and brought them home. I tried a cannoli and OMG it was the most heavenly thing I have ever tasted! I have since tried to find more local cannoli that was anywhere near as delicious and so far, no luck - and you'd think that would be easy here, where Italian food is on every single block! Can't wait to get cannoli and birthday cake on my sailing either!!

Robin

Don't get me started on the birthday cakes! :). I'm going to try to taste as much as possible on our overnighter.

I'm thinking they will allow us to bring cannoli and Italian cookies off the boat as we will have stayed in the EU? I hope so as the kids won't be with me and they are as interested in the show as I am! :)

This must be the calm before the storm before NCL unleashes pictures and videos of the new ship. I remember for Epic, NCL had full videos of cabins, suites, restaurants, and other venues released just over a month prior to its first sailing.

Can you tell I am going through new picture withdrawal ;)

This must be the calm before the storm before NCL unleashes pictures and videos of the new ship. I remember for Epic, NCL had full videos of cabins, suites, restaurants, and other venues released just over a month prior to its first sailing.

Can you tell I am going through new picture withdrawal ;)

David, I was just thinking the same thing. 40 days until we sail and I am so thirsty for some real news or pictures! I feel like we are all jogging in place!

Archived