Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Thanks so much!

Is there any way that you, or someone else that has the 45 day access or so, is able to cut/paste the descriptions of the shows. I know I want to see Rock of Ages with my family but also wanted to see what else we (or my mom/sister's family) may want to book together or separate. THANK YOU.

Getting so excited....booked for September. Have to say, this is my FIRST NCCL cruise. I usually sail RCCL and just found out that THEIR brand new ship the Quantum is coming to NJ.....so here we go again..lol.:eek:

OMG! I, too, am a Royal cruiser for many, many years. We were booked on Oasis for this upcoming July and when NCL said Breakaway was coming to NY, we canceled and booked Breakaway, saving us on air for 10 people (since my mother is paying for our families).

I could not sail the Explorer one more time. I have sailed on her when she first started out in Florida and then did a couple of trips on her once in Bayonne but I wasn't paying that price again to sail on a ship that would have been my 4-5 time. I cannot believe it took this long to swap out EOS but SO happy. I haven't been on the RCCL boards since I booked Breakaway (which I did when booking first opened so a very long time ago) so I think I will have to go on there and take a look. I never even heard the ship name Quantum. Wow! Thanks for posting.

Do they also let you know about the activities each night? I heard there will be the Eighties Dance Party with fireworks and there will be Norwegian's signature White Hot Party. What nights are these on and do they overlap with any shows or not? Oh and then there's the Dress Up or Not night. When is that?

Any info would be much appreciated!

The 80's party/fireworks is on Friday night after we leave bermuda:

MIAMI – January 8, 2013 – Norwegian Cruise Line is starting off 2013 with a “bang” by announcing that Norwegian Breakaway, the line’s newest ship debuting this May in New York City, will feature an exciting fireworks show on every cruise. The environmentally-friendly pyrotechnics display will dazzle guests on the second to last night at sea each week, after the ship departs Bermuda during her summer inaugural season.

As guests party the night away at the high-energy party under the stars in the open-air Spice H20 venue at the aft of the ship, they will be transported to the 1980s, where music and fun reigned supreme. In a breathtaking finale, a mesmerizing color-filled fireworks show will light up the night sky, right above the ship. The fully-produced show is a visual masterpiece that is set to a playlist of classic 80s hits including “Come on Feel the Noise,” by Quiet Riot; “Whip It,” by Devo; “Cherish,” by Madonna; “Final Countdown,” by Europe; and “Purple Rain,” by Prince. As the fireworks blast to the beat of the music, guests will enjoy an experience unlike anything else offered at sea on New York’s ship.

Thanks so much!

Is there any way that you, or someone else that has the 45 day access or so, is able to cut/paste the descriptions of the shows. I know I want to see Rock of Ages with my family but also wanted to see what else we (or my mom/sister's family) may want to book together or separate. THANK YOU.

Burn The Floor

Burn the Floor is a sizzling and sexy show based on the world-renowned Broadway performance, this non-stop, 45-minute extravaganza is amazing. "Audience-dazzling! Swiveling hips, steamy embraces and high-octane tempos. A non-stop display of pop variations on classic styles, performed with precision and polish," writes Charles Isherwood, The New York Times. From Harlem's Hot Night at The Savoy, where the Lindy, Foxtrot and Charleston were born, to the Latin Quarter, where the Cha-Cha, Rumba and Salsa steamed up the stage, experience the passion of many popular dance styles. For a spicier, more intimate performance, check out Burn the Floor as they heat up the dance floor in The Manhattan Room. You may even be asked to step up and show off your best moves. And if you want to brush up on your Rumba, dance and exercise classes are offered throughout your cruise by the amazing dancers.

Cirque Dreams & Dinner Jungle Fantasy

From Broadway to Norwegian Breakaway, Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy has performed over 2,000 shows in more than 200 cities. What began as the amazingly popular Cirque Dreams and Dinner on Norwegian Epic, Cirque Dreams & Dinner Jungle Fantasy on Norwegian Breakaway is an exotic new twist under our colorful big top Spiegel Tent. Take an imaginative journey through a mystical jungle brought to life by an international cast of soaring aerialists, spine-bending contortionists and magnificent acrobats, jugglers and musicians. The spectacular costumes will dazzle you. The astounding feats will amaze you. From breathtaking butterflies to the balancing giraffes to the kings of the jungle, this explosion of athleticism, theater and imagination will exhilarate and entertain your entire family.

Rock Of Ages

Exclusively on Norwegian Breakaway, this 5-time Tony Award nominated famed musical heads up our award-winning entertainment lineup by bringing back the days of the big bands and big hair. Rock out to the scorching hits of the 80s including "We Built This City," "The Final Countdown," "Here We Go Again" and much more. Set on infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, Rock of Ages tells the story of a boy from south Detroit and a small-town girl, both in Los Angeles chasing their dreams of making it big and falling in love. Get ready to experience the smash hit exclusively at sea aboard Norwegian Breakaway.

The Second City

Chicago's legendary comedy theatre, The Second City, celebrates its 50th Anniversary aboard Norwegian Epic with a hilarious revue of sketches, songs and improvisation. Watch the brightest young comic talent in North America puts its comic spin on current events and life on the cruise ship.

The Second City's Dysfunktional Family Reunion

The extended Fullerton family has come together for a week on the Norwegian Breakaway and the audience is privy to every inter-family squabble and soiree. Filled with audience participation and no shortage of laughter about cruising with family, The Second City's Dysfunktional Family Reunion is a one of a kind show built exclusively for Norwegian Cruise Line.

I cannot find the Pajama Jam to post the info, it's a Kid activity with Dora and other characters.

Burn The Floor

Burn the Floor is a sizzling and sexy show based on the world-renowned Broadway performance, this non-stop, 45-minute extravaganza is amazing. "Audience-dazzling! Swiveling hips, steamy embraces and high-octane tempos. A non-stop display of pop variations on classic styles, performed with precision and polish," writes Charles Isherwood, The New York Times. From Harlem's Hot Night at The Savoy, where the Lindy, Foxtrot and Charleston were born, to the Latin Quarter, where the Cha-Cha, Rumba and Salsa steamed up the stage, experience the passion of many popular dance styles. For a spicier, more intimate performance, check out Burn the Floor as they heat up the dance floor in The Manhattan Room. You may even be asked to step up and show off your best moves. And if you want to brush up on your Rumba, dance and exercise classes are offered throughout your cruise by the amazing dancers.

Cirque Dreams & Dinner Jungle Fantasy

From Broadway to Norwegian Breakaway, Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy has performed over 2,000 shows in more than 200 cities. What began as the amazingly popular Cirque Dreams and Dinner on Norwegian Epic, Cirque Dreams & Dinner Jungle Fantasy on Norwegian Breakaway is an exotic new twist under our colorful big top Spiegel Tent. Take an imaginative journey through a mystical jungle brought to life by an international cast of soaring aerialists, spine-bending contortionists and magnificent acrobats, jugglers and musicians. The spectacular costumes will dazzle you. The astounding feats will amaze you. From breathtaking butterflies to the balancing giraffes to the kings of the jungle, this explosion of athleticism, theater and imagination will exhilarate and entertain your entire family.

Rock Of Ages

Exclusively on Norwegian Breakaway, this 5-time Tony Award nominated famed musical heads up our award-winning entertainment lineup by bringing back the days of the big bands and big hair. Rock out to the scorching hits of the 80s including "We Built This City," "The Final Countdown," "Here We Go Again" and much more. Set on infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, Rock of Ages tells the story of a boy from south Detroit and a small-town girl, both in Los Angeles chasing their dreams of making it big and falling in love. Get ready to experience the smash hit exclusively at sea aboard Norwegian Breakaway.

The Second City

Chicago's legendary comedy theatre, The Second City, celebrates its 50th Anniversary aboard Norwegian Epic with a hilarious revue of sketches, songs and improvisation. Watch the brightest young comic talent in North America puts its comic spin on current events and life on the cruise ship.

The Second City's Dysfunktional Family Reunion

The extended Fullerton family has come together for a week on the Norwegian Breakaway and the audience is privy to every inter-family squabble and soiree. Filled with audience participation and no shortage of laughter about cruising with family, The Second City's Dysfunktional Family Reunion is a one of a kind show built exclusively for Norwegian Cruise Line.

I cannot find the Pajama Jam to post the info, it's a Kid activity with Dora and other characters.

Oh my, thank you VERY, very much! That is So kind you took the time to cut/paste the shows. I so greatly appreciate it and also thank you about the Pajama Jam since I will let me my sister know it is a kids activity since she may want to sign her kids up for it.

THANKS so much again!

I am going to send this to my family in an e-mail so they can decide what they want to do and when since I'll be the one booking everyone.

THANK YOU you have helped me so much and I really appreciate it.

SliceOfLife, Can you please tell me is there a charge for any of these shows, for instance, Dora, Cirque and The Second City's Dysfunktional Family Reunion.

Thanks.

You found the only three with a charge. The rest are no charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Oh my, thank you VERY, very much! That is So kind you took the time to cut/paste the shows. I so greatly appreciate it and also thank you about the Pajama Jam since I will let me my sister know it is a kids activity since she may want to sign her kids up for it.

THANKS so much again!

I am going to send this to my family in an e-mail so they can decide what they want to do and when since I'll be the one booking everyone.

THANK YOU you have helped me so much and I really appreciate it.

:) you're very welcome! I'm glad I could help you out.

Prices:

Burn the Floor, The Second City and Rock of Ages are Free.

Cirque is $39 for premium seating and $29 for standard seating

Second City Dysfunktional Family is $20 (there is speculation it's a lunch show).

Dora is a fee, but I don't remember what it is. Maybe $20? I'm not sure why it is missing from my NCL schedule.

You found the only three with a charge. The rest are no charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Thanks so much!

:) you're very welcome! I'm glad I could help you out.

Prices:

Burn the Floor, The Second City and Rock of Ages are Free.

Cirque is $39 for premium seating and $29 for standard seating

Second City Dysfunktional Family is $20 (there is speculation it's a lunch show).

Dora is a fee, but I don't remember what it is. Maybe $20? I'm not sure why it is missing from my NCL schedule.

Thank you again! You are such a big help!

heck no, I'll go with the single supplement cabin and forget the family!

Or this! Who needs the wife (or "DW", as people on here insist on saying, for reasons unknown). After all, what happens at sea stays at sea, right?! :D;):D;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Or this! Who needs the wife (or "DW", as people on here insist on saying, for reasons unknown). After all, what happens at sea stays at sea, right?! :D;):D;)

(I kid, of course...about the wife thing, not the DW part)

Archived