Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I was just looking at NCL's Getaway link:

http://www.getaway.ncl.com/

and noticed that they are also guaranteeing fireworks on every sailing, so that SHOULD mean that there will be fireworks on the Bahamas sailings on the Breakaway ... I hope!

"Get ready to light up the night with a dazzling fireworks show on every Norwegian Getaway cruise. Enjoy the sights and sounds of this spectacular event, under the stars in the open-air venue that is Spice H20."

If as a condition to sail on the Breakaway I had to walk the plank you would never see me onboard ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I have no problem with walking the plank. My main issue with it is that you most likely have to wear helmets and if it is a hot day and people are sweating a lot... Um yeahhhhh, I am not sure.

That was the reason I did not rock climb on the Allure.

Maybe if I get there early when they open.

I have no problem with walking the plank. My main issue with it is that you most likely have to wear helmets and if it is a hot day and people are sweating a lot... Um yeahhhhh, I am not sure.

Excellent! I will lend you my GoPro to clip to your helmet so we can share in the experience - remind me at the Meet and Greet!!! No way I'm going anywhere near that thing, I have a hard time even walking to the edge of the pier!!!

Robin

Excellent! I will lend you my GoPro to clip to your helmet so we can share in the experience - remind me at the Meet and Greet!!! No way I'm going anywhere near that thing, I have a hard time even walking to the edge of the pier!!!

Robin

Cool! I was thinking on renting one on the ship to have that video. I remember reading somewhere that they will rent them onboard. Do you have the helmet attachment? Do you mind if I get a copy of the video?

Thank you Robin. :)

I received this email from NCL. If you are interested and have facebook, check it out!:) Pretty neat!:D

fac_main_newnew.jpg

Are you looking forward to your upcoming cruise on the newest, largest, and most innovative cruise ship to ever homeport in New York City? If so, we'd like you to join us in welcoming Norwegian Breakaway to the city that never sleeps, and what better way to do that than having guests like you featured in the lights of Times Square.

Just post a picture of yourself to our Facebook page welcoming Norwegian Breakaway to New York City, and we'll try to make it happen. Post today through April 30th and you could find yourself in the spotlight of Times Square between April 23rd and May 10th.

Looks like the crew are testing "the plank"

(from an article in the German "Nordsee-Zeitung" http://www.nordsee-zeitung.de/region/bremerhaven_artikel,-Ein-Warenlager-fuer-ein-Schiff-_arid,903034.html )

698869_0_articleorg_380_008_9439344_150nclplan.jpg

Looks like a gibbet and a plank. Maybe they are going to get tough on booze smugglers and chair-hogs?

Gambee,

There you go pointing something out that I wouldn't think of til I had the sweaty helmet in my hands! I don't know if I'm happy or not about this tidbit! :confused: this is one reason my husband would prefer I didn't find out all I can before we go! Hopefully I'll forget in 530+ days!! I think I'll plan on jumping in a pool right after wearing the sweaty helmet and then taking a shower. :)

I wondered why you didn't climb the rock wall on Allure!

Cool! I was thinking on renting one on the ship to have that video. I remember reading somewhere that they will rent them onboard. Do you have the helmet attachment? Do you mind if I get a copy of the video?

It would be amazing to see that video on your review!!:D

Right now I have no idea what I have, got it as a gift two days ago and haven't even opened the package yet lol.. I know it has clamps, I can see them thru the packaging. But I'll figure it out before the cruise, and OF COURSE you can have a copy - after I throw up just watching it lol!!

Robin

I have a fear of heights, I even get dizzy looking up while standing on a step-ladder.

But, I am most definitely walking that plank! I need to get over this fear! :p

I don't know...that would be going from one small step to one giant step!!!:D

Also, thanks to Dmwmc for the cam shot in Bermuda!! Can't wait!!!

Archived