Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

NORDENHAM_BREMERHAVEN_1_3ada04fb-5a61-4558-9bd6-1ba27b900a56-005--600x308.jpg

Hoteldirektor Klaus Lugmaier in Breakaway's MDR Manhattan.

German article at http://www.nwzonline.de/bremerhaven/meyer-werft-lobt-cruise-center-bremerhaven_a_5,1,866693941.html

Meyerwerft praises the Bremerhaven Cruise Center for it's facilities.

Also a note about the crew acting as guests for the restaurant(s) during the Bremerhaven - Rotterdam leg.

I must say, I am bummed I cannot make a reservation for Ocean Blue as a solo. I can go to all of the other premium restaurants alone but not Blue, hmm.:mad:

Meet someone in the singles lounge!! I'm sure someone else is feeling the same as you on this subject!

NORDENHAM_BREMERHAVEN_1_3ada04fb-5a61-4558-9bd6-1ba27b900a56-005--600x308.jpg

Hoteldirektor Klaus Lugmaier in Breakaway's MDR Manhattan.

German article at http://www.nwzonline.de/bremerhaven/meyer-werft-lobt-cruise-center-bremerhaven_a_5,1,866693941.html

Meyerwerft praises the Bremerhaven Cruise Center for it's facilities.

Also a note about the crew acting as guests for the restaurant(s) during the Bremerhaven - Rotterdam leg.

Freestyle, all theses photos were posted yesterday :( (but thanks for the effort!)

The hull artwork is not really my cup of tea, but I won't have to look at it while on board :-)

I keep reading the artist's signature as "Pelen Max"

Anyway, still excited to embark on Sunday.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought it said Pelen Max!

Argh! :o The thread goes so fast heheh!

As a punishment I will walk the plank in less than 24! Arrrr, set sail! :D

That is quite okay....it was nice to take a second look at them without going back a few pages searching for them.;)

Wow! If you zoom in, you can really see the difference in the balcony size on the s6's!!! Of course I have the smallest on 13!

The balconies are so big I don't think it will really matter. The one thing it may affect is how much shade each one gets. So at least you will get a nice tan :)

Thanks for these I have been trying to see the balcony furniture on the S6. 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table. Awesome!!

I was just looking at that, unfortunately I can't see my balcony very well and I am not sure if they have the loungers. In any case I plan on asking for a couple of them to our room steward.

Are the B6 and M6 balconies the same larger size? Is the only difference between them is that the M6 are fully exposed with a tiny overhang right by the sliding doors while the B6 are half covered and half open to decks above??

The hull artwork is not really my cup of tea, but I won't have to look at it while on board :-)

I keep reading the artist's signature as "Pelen Max"

Anyway, still excited to embark on Sunday.

I agree, the artwork is not my favorite either, however I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who couldn't read the name, I thought it was Polen Max, lol. I prefer more traditional art, but as you said while on board we won't even notice it! :p

anyone interested in a dirty water dog? :p

___

The company's latest branding frontier is the Norwegian Breakaway, a New York-centric ship debuting in May. It has formed a number of partnerships with New York institutions large and small to help recruit first-time cruisers from the area where it will homeport.

A high profile example is the Radio City Music Hall Rockettes, who will serve as godmothers to the ship. Breakaway will also have Sabrett hot dog stands and a pastry shop based on the reality show "Cake Boss."

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/All-brands-on-deck/

Some new exterior ones then:

img_0903.jpg

All from http://koopvaardij.blogspot.nl/

THANKS

Looks like the aft corners on deck 9 have a deeper balcony than most of the others (deck 12 appears deep as well). It's more obvious when zoomed in.

i-n8Rsc8C-L.jpg

I took a photo which was shared several weeks ago and did some very rough estimations. The results were pleasing, since deck 9 is what we booked so many months ago. The numbers (estimates of length in ft.) are more useful comparing deck to deck to give a ballpark idea as to which aft decks are (overall) deeper.

i-z3Bktdp-XL.jpg

(sorry this did not come out larger!)

Of course, none of this speaks to the width and useable space within those aft corners.

:)

Tom

Are the B6 and M6 balconies the same larger size? Is the only difference between them is that the M6 are fully exposed with a tiny overhang right by the sliding doors while the B6 are half covered and half open to decks above??

No, the M6 balconies are probably more than twice the depth, and this shot from back at the shipyard might show it best:

K5_S_1465.jpg

And on a related note....dammit, I just can't tear myself away from this freaking thread! :D But the way I look at it is, the photos released so far are really just teases; I'll go into photo black out probably starting in a couple of days, which is when the first real, passenger-created images will start to appear en masse. :cool:

anyone interested in a dirty water dog? :p

___

The company's latest branding frontier is the Norwegian Breakaway, a New York-centric ship debuting in May. It has formed a number of partnerships with New York institutions large and small to help recruit first-time cruisers from the area where it will homeport.

A high profile example is the Radio City Music Hall Rockettes, who will serve as godmothers to the ship. Breakaway will also have Sabrett hot dog stands and a pastry shop based on the reality show "Cake Boss."

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/All-brands-on-deck/

So on that note, I wonder if Breakaway even has the hot dog carts yet, or if they'll be loaded on once in NYC? And I was almost thinking the same for the Carlos Bakery goods, which I'd assume normally they'd just be resupplied with while in port in Manhattan, but in this case they probably had to have them shipped across the pond for the TA voyage.

So on that note, I wonder if Breakaway even has the hot dog carts yet, or if they'll be loaded on once in NYC? And I was almost thinking the same for the Carlos Bakery goods, which I'd assume normally they'd just be resupplied with while in port in Manhattan, but in this case they probably had to have them shipped across the pond for the TA voyage.

I remember reading somewhere that they will be making all the bakery goods on board. They will just be following his recipes and such, I think I read somewhere that they would bake you a cake for special occasions.

Good question...I was hoping they would be making the cakes etc onboard and just using his recipes and name. They will be pretty stale by the end of the cruise if they just bring them on at the start :eek:

I remember reading somewhere that they will be making all the bakery goods on board. They will just be following his recipes and such, I think I read somewhere that they would bake you a cake for special occasions.

Ah, indeed, that makes sense.

Archived