Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Vibe seems a little small, still wondering if the cabanas have a cost.

It looks pretty cool, but yeah a bit scary! :eek: Can't wait to try it!

Somebody posted pricing for cabana rentals a few days ago - wish I could remember where! I think it was somewhere around $40 per day for the cabanas. I agree, both Vibe AND the Haven are very small!! Not nearly enough loungers in Vibe for even 1/8 of the suite guests - way too small!

Robin

Thank you very much!

So that cabin is an inside that has the pull out from the ceiling over the bed, yikes LOL

On another note, the balconies don't appear to be that much smaller than the RCCL ships IMO. Can't wait for July!

I have only been on the Allure and it was much larger, I would dare to say twice the size... or more, plus much larger furnisher (table)

DSC04903_zps1666f2b6.jpg

Ok I'll bite. What's so special about the Vibe and Spice passes? Aren't they free to enter? It seems like it's only a space to lounge. If that's the case I can do that on my M6 balcony.;):D:p

Spice H2O is free for everyone. Vibe is included for Haven guests, and may have passes for sale for others, if space permits. The main thing about both these locations is that they are adult-only. They should both be quieter and less hectic than the pool-side areas.

Robin

Ok I'll bite. What's so special about the Vibe and Spice passes? Aren't they free to enter? It seems like it's only a space to lounge. If that's the case I can do that on my M6 balcony.;):D:p

Spice is free, Vibe costs money. I guess the case was that in Epic there is a limited amount of outside space, so the club gives you that extra space to relax in a more intimate way. But in here it looks like most of the space is taken up by the cabanas, what is the point? pay to get in and then pay for the cabana. I was considering it for the extra tubs, mom loves them, but now I am not sure about it. I might give the spa another look.

Somebody posted pricing for cabana rentals a few days ago - wish I could remember where! I think it was somewhere around $40 per day for the cabanas. I agree, both Vibe AND the Haven are very small!! Not nearly enough loungers in Vibe for even 1/8 of the suite guests - way too small!

Robin

Right, way small. thanks for the pricing info.

I am not sure. I think the haven lounge. When the staff take a picture of you around the ship ( they are everywhere like the paparazzi) they ask for you keycard so when you go to see your photos you just swipe it on the computer and any pictures of you come up. I think this is also a way to see and order photos.

Could also be a way to make reservations etc .

Just my guesses

Looks like the Haven concierge lounge on the Epic, so I suspect you are correct. I would think it's for looking around the ship, you know, like checking out restaurants and shows, etc, to help you decide what you want to do, then perhaps making reservations once you decide.

Robin

I have only been on the Allure and it was much larger, I would dare to say twice the size... or more, plus much larger furnisher (table)

DSC04903_zps1666f2b6.jpg

Your balcony is deeper than those of EOS, NOS, SOS, AdOS, etc. at least for a standard outside balcony. I could never fit a high table on those balconys. Only a small table that is high as our knees. Is that a standard balcony on Allure? Maybe they made them bigger. I have not sailed on Allure/Oasis. Although I did have Oasis booked for this July but moved to Breakaway :) Will MOST certainly sail on Quantum!

Your balcony is deeper than those of EOS, NOS, SOS, AdOS, etc. at least for a standard outside balcony. I could never fit a high table on those balconys. Only a small table that is high as our knees. Is that a standard balcony on Allure? Maybe they made them bigger. I have not sailed on Allure/Oasis. Although I did have Oasis booked for this July but moved to Breakaway :) Will MOST certainly sail on Quantum!

Yup standart balcony, we spent so much time there, absolutely loved it!

Spice is free, Vibe costs money. I guess the case was that in Epic there is a limited amount of outside space, so the club gives you that extra space to relax in a more intimate way. But in here it looks like most of the space is taken up by the cabanas, what is the point? pay to get in and then pay for the cabana. I was considering it for the extra tubs, mom loves them, but now I am not sure about it. I might give the spa another look.

Right, way small. thanks for the pricing info.

If it's about the hot tubs, I think the spa would be a much better deal.. With so many Haven guests and so little space all over, I expect Vibe will be extremely crowded, without even a lounger to sit on. Posh was bad enough, but both the size and layout of Vibe look just awful. This is by far my biggest disappointment with the ship so far... Of course, if I was in a balcony cabin, #1 would be the teensy size of the balcony - wonder what the balcony in my suite will be like?

Robin

Yup standart balcony, we spent so much time there, absolutely loved it!

Oh, hopefully the Quantum will have larger balconies for standards too.

Thanks for posting that picture and for all your help on this thread!

If it's about the hot tubs, I think the spa would be a much better deal.. With so many Haven guests and so little space all over, I expect Vibe will be extremely crowded, without even a lounger to sit on. Posh was bad enough, but both the size and layout of Vibe look just awful. This is by far my biggest disappointment with the ship so far... Of course, if I was in a balcony cabin, #1 would be the teensy size of the balcony - wonder what the balcony in my suite will be like?

Robin

I think your balcony should be nice and deep, you can teel from the pictures that is much larger. But yeah I think I am completely turned off from Vibe, the issue is that $300 for the spa is hard to justify. Specially since we will be all over the island for 3 days, hmmmmm lots of thinking to do...

Oh, hopefully the Quantum will have larger balconies for standards too.

Thanks for posting that picture and for all your help on this thread!

You're very welcome :)

Thanks all for the replies. I too don't think it's worth the extra cost. You would think an Adults Only area should be free on ships. This is my 1st NCL cruise but the only other line(Carnival) I've been on has this area for free.

I might have misread somewhere but at some point in the night doesn't Spice become Adults Only?

Thanks all for the replies. I too don't think it's worth the extra cost. You would think an Adults Only area should be free on ships. This is my 1st NCL cruise but the only other line(Carnival) I've been on has this area for free.

I might have misread somewhere but at some point in the night doesn't Spice become Adults Only?

Spice is adults only, most of the time - during the day and most of the evening. I think it occasionally opens for families only if there is a family-friendly event there.

Robin

Robin

The normal balcony (like in the video posted earlier) on the breakaway is 32 sqf ( so is the S7) . The S4 ( I think thats yours) is 43 sqf. The s5 has 54 sqf. The s6 various in size with the smallest at 75 sqf.

These numbers are from the NCL UK site so could be wrong but look about right

The normal balcony (like in the video posted earlier) on the breakaway is 32 sqf ( so is the S7) . The S4 ( I think thats yours) is 43 sqf. The s5 has 54 sqf. The s6 various in size with the smallest at 75 sqf.

Thanks for the numbers.. Yup, I'm in an S4. That still sounds small compared to the same category on the Epic and Jewel-class ships (where we were able to fit two loungers plus a table), but I could be wrong. I'm only comparing it to the numbers of the balcony cabin and the pic/video shown. Is it me or does that pic/video of the balcony look like its much less than 32 sf? Looks more like maybe 24 or so to me (maybe 8x3).

Robin

What floor AFT are deepest? I am booked in 13304 AFT

Deepest staterooms are in deck 9, followed by deck 12, then deck 11, deck 10, deck 14 and the smallest ones are on deck 13. Sorry to bring bad news, you might want to try to change it?

Anyway I have to run to work, it was an exciting morning. Hopefully after work there will be a lot more videos and pics :)

DSC04903_zps1666f2b6.jpg

Yup that exactly what we had on Oasis, and I think it was probably the same width (maybe 8-9 feet) but was at least 5-6 feet deep. Breakaway's looks to be about 3-3.5 feet deep. And if I recall I think that estimate jives with the balcony dimensions I came across for Breakaway, which I believe was around 30 or 33 square feet (or about 9'x3.5', or 8'x4'), whereas Allure/Oasis is in the 55 square foot range.

And by that way, the table issue sucks as well - not sure how one could ever attempt to do anything with those Breakaway/Epic balcony tables except sit a couple of drinks on them. Forget breakfast on the balcony!

Yup, that is what I remembered for the normal balcony, which (assuming the width of the balcony/cabin is about 9 feet, makes the depth of the balcony a puny 3.5 feet. :(

Thanks all for the replies. I too don't think it's worth the extra cost. You would think an Adults Only area should be free on ships.

Ha, its modern cruising; if they can make an extra buck or charge you for something, you can bet they're going to do it. :cool:

Archived