Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Can someone please take screenshots of the event and post them here?, I am busy at work and can't watch it.

Thank you :)

Gambee, I am watching for the whole show to be posted to YouTube or Vimeo.. Will let you know if I find a link!

Robin

Gambee, I am watching for the whole show to be posted to YouTube or Vimeo.. Will let you know if I find a link!

Robin

Cool, maybe NCL uploads it somewhere. I was only able to watch tidbits of it.

This is my review.

It reminded me of a (poor) high school musical.

They tried to hype it up with panties and profanity.

Ya they were bad, I'm not going to most if any of the Broadway shows. I guess I'm not a Broadway type of person.

I have screenshots in paint. It seems I lost half of them and I don't know how to post them without copying and pasting. I'm angry that I can't figure it out. I'll try a couple of the more interesting ones.

n/m I have one pic of the kids getting slimed....grrrrrr.

I have screenshots in paint. It seems I lost half of them and I don't know how to post them without copying and pasting. I'm angry that I can't figure it out. I'll try a couple of the more interesting ones.

It's ok, thank for trying. I saw parts of it, hopefully ncl will post it later.

Watched the whole thing from iPhone and computer(except when I got bumped off or lost picture).

Impressions:

Buddy can make bake goods but can't read a TelePrompTer or pronounce "his friend" zakarians last name.. Kind of embarrassing.

The Cirque Show looked just ok- not going to rush and book

The Rock of Ages cast sounded BAD live

Rockettes were a little boring, too.

I am Catholic so the Cardinal Dolan speech was fine for me and I am happy to be blessed with a safe voyage!!! (Safe to say my Jewish husband will be ok with that as well)

I, too, hoped for Kings Wharf news and heard none

Excited about Howl and Burn the Floor

What they showed of the ship was nothing new to me. That said, the Christening made me more excited that I have one month until sailing!

I agree!

We like the Haven two-room suites, but the little balcony is useless.

We like to dine on the balcony and that does not appear to be an option except in Garden Villas.

You are right we always have the 2 bed 2 bath haven suites and the balcony does get crowded with 4 of us out there and 2 chairs, never had a problem until people on here started complaining about it so it would be nice if they made them larger. This is our 14 cruise in these suites and never saw it as a problem.

You do have the entire courtyard to dine in if you would like, there is even a waiter/butler there to help take your orders, etc., it is very nice but you can't watch the ocean go by as you do it.

Just got off The Breakaway after both the one night and TA crossing. Ate in Manhattan, Taste, Savoy, Wasabi and Cagney's and the service was amazing. Friendly staff, quick service and nice food. The only grip I could have is twice no one asked if I'd like a drink other than water. But hey, I just asked.

Now that is the kind of service we are used to. I remember one time we had bad service also, but you can't make that ruin your whole trip, you just mention it to one of the bosses and go on your merry way, and after being on 16 with NCL this is minor inconveince !!!!

Before I say bye-bye for heading to Alaska:

My blog for the part on NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY is ready... (1 Nighter from Rotterdam to Southampton)

http://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2013/04/tagday-01-auf-deron-norwegian-breakaway.html

in Papenburg, Germany (Meyer-Shipyard)

after leaving the dry-dock

in Bremerhaven, Germany

2013-NCL-BREAKAWAY-00321.jpg

in Rotterdam, The Netherlands

2013-NCL-BREAKAWAY-10219.jpg

Welcome-Gifts for the guests but not from NCL but from a crew-member

2013-NCL-BREAKAWAY-10822.jpg

And the S4-Suite in The Haven: unfortunatly a lot of money for a big disappointment

2013-NCL-BREAKAWAY-10719.jpg

The ship is beautiful, but I am sorry to say: it will NOT be MY ship. I know that many of you are exited and happy, so who does not like to read something which was not so good: just do not read it.

Have fun when you read it.

There is one more day to follow... when I have the time to write...

Greetings

HeinBloed

The S4 is the 2 bedroom suite? Curious why you were disappointed. I guess we will have to wait for more ;)

You are right we always have the 2 bed 2 bath haven suites and the balcony does get crowded with 4 of us out there and 2 chairs, never had a problem until people on here started complaining about it so it would be nice if they made them larger. This is our 14 cruise in these suites and never saw it as a problem.

You do have the entire courtyard to dine in if you would like, there is even a waiter/butler there to help take your orders, etc., it is very nice but you can't watch the ocean go by as you do it.

According to the stats, the Breakaway's 2 Bed 2 Bath balconies (at 43sf) are almost exactly half the size of those on the Epic and 11sf smaller than the SC (non Haven 2bed/2 ba) on the Dawn (54sf). I think that's where most of the complaining on this thread arises from. They will be tight, even for two!

Robin

According to the stats, the Breakaway's 2 Bed 2 Bath balconies (at 43sf) are almost exactly half the size of those on the Epic and 11sf smaller than the SC (non Haven 2bed/2 ba) on the Dawn (54sf). I think that's where most of the complaining on this thread arises from. They will be tight, even for two!

Robin

He was also upset with the 2nd bedroom because on other ships its still decked out like the main suite with haven bath products etc but his suite felt like it was a servants quarters

Archived