Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I was on the transatlantic and like every other ship if you show up around 7pm expect to wait. Before 6:30 or 8:30 no wait at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

This is true but are you saying that on your transatlantic cruise this was also the case? I remember reading that cruise had 2,900 passengers....If there were long waits then at prime time and the ship was far from sailing at full capacity....that's not a very good sign, IMO.

I think if you plan it right you may not have a wait. but if you go into peak times, expect a wait, just like any other restaurant on land at peak hours.

I know on the Epic, taste had less of a wait then Manhattan. so we knew we had to go between 5 and 530pm.

Breakaway, remember 2 nights they have burn the floor in the Manhattan dining room, 1 night at 6:30 and one night a 6:00. Its going to be a long wait. so you know either to eat somewhere else or get in line early if you want to see the show.

Key is flexibility. Less you are flexible the more you are going to get frustrated.

Trying to decide whether to reserve standard or premium seating for the Cirque dinner show. Getting mixed reviews. Anyone onboard have any suggestions?

What night and what time are the fireworks?

Gambee is not the only one that had problems with the long lines in the MDR. I have read and heard about it from the people that were on the TA sailing and the ship was not even 3/4 full. What is it going to be like when the ship is full in the summer months??? They did make the MDRs smaller I guess its NCL's way of forcing people to go to the specialty restaurants. The buffet complaint is that there are no seats and the MDR wait is too long. UGH!!

It could also just be because it's a new ship and they haven't gotten the kinks out yet. Give it a month and then see what the wait times are like.

Ibcnusoon: please note that the only times the noise leaks is at 8am for 45 minutes and for the late parties starting from 10:45 till 12 apron.

Bear: who knows, but I am not the first to complain about heat not working. Good thing is that it is hot ass hell now out, so now I have the AC on :D.

Jordie: Trust me I am enjoying myself, just doing this on off time. Everyone needs off time, this is kind of like my therapy. No the machines are not part of it, I will try again to use them, I tried on night one and they were closed… not sure why they would close them at 10pm

Wasii: My guess that the best balcony for no noise is deck 9, but them you have the restaurants below to worry about. I guess we can wait to see what Shaun reports on deck 10.

Sissas: By no means a bad balcony, I am on my balcony as I type this and this the very best balcony I've ever had. I am in love with it. Last night I fell asleep with the door open, actually to the music above. I hope that today I am not that tired to go there. I talked with some CC members and they had a blast. I regret not going.

Vibe, was empty yesterday I have pics, I am sure today it is packed. I take pics from above. Joeski bought the pass, he might have better insight than me.

Ibcnusoon: Yes that is my balcony table, works great. By the way the hair dryer is incredible. Mom says best ever.

Rstout: The Base is felt, beds vibrate slightly. Slides warm water. Wait for mdr are abosuletly horrible up to 1 hr. Big problem there.

Boyreporter: Doing this on off time. I actually left my main cam inside today most of the time while I was in pool area.

Bdlein: Outdoor space was a big worry of mine, I am happy to report that today with good weather is not that bad, ill get into it later on in the review.

Ctrinh225: please ask this in my review again and I will explain better, it is a delicate answer. Privacy in the tub is an issue from outside.

Roe2ship: All free restaurants, really bad waits. Major concern.

Sisseas: Yes over 1 hour! apparently if you complain to hotel manager he will get you in fast. Horrible that it comes down to that.

Gershep: Do not pay for premium, I have it from a good source that they are not worth it. Please reask this in my review and I will go into details. Pay for the basic one, it is better.

Fireworks last night I believe.

Sarah: My phone is fine the way. There seems to be leak in their internet service and it is hard to explain, ill try to explain in the review. Yes the customer service desk really upset me, but over it now. Chilling with great weather.

No real updates, much busier outside, but overall the ship is not as crowded as I thought it would be. Well other than the free restaurants. And yes everyone confirms balconies way small, when I tell pp about mine, no one believes me. lol

.....Wasii: My guess that the best balcony for no noise is deck 9, but them you have the restaurants below to worry about. I guess we can wait to see what Shaun reports on deck 10......

No real updates, much busier outside, but overall the ship is not as crowded as I thought it would be. Well other than the free restaurants. And yes everyone confirms balconies way small, when I tell pp about mine, no one believes me. lol

.....once I saw the Cabin Spreadsheet I booked an Aft Facing B1 on deck 9. I figured I would take the largest balcony then make a decision what to do after the reviews are in.

Thanks again.

wasiii

Oh brother! Yeah one hour waits are most definitely a major concern. Even if these waits are at peak times, I don't really find that acceptable....20 to 25 minutes at most is ok...One hour...C'mon! We normally prefer to go to dinner between 6:30 and 7:00. I'm very curious if you are experiencing these long waits during that time frame.

Enjoy Bermuda tomorrow!:D

Oh geez Gambee - an hour to wait for dinner is crazy. I've never had to wait that long before. I am hoping it is just because the ship is new and they are still getting into the groove of things. I can see a lot of people being upset if that's not the case!

On a side note, early booking for Quantum of the Seas is opening for crown and anchor members on the 28th. I got the email a short time ago. Let's see if that drives the Breakaway price down some!

On a side note, early booking for Quantum of the Seas is opening for crown and anchor members on the 28th. I got the email a short time ago. Let's see if that drives the Breakaway price down some!

I wish I could say that it might drive prices down, but it seems that the current mindset of NCL is that they have no true competition. The QOS does look interesting, and it certainly has my kids begging as they have bumper cars! :p Some of the features seem odd to me, but RCL is trying out some innovations, and that is good. We shall see if NCL decides that they need to remain competitive. I have a feeling the prices of the QOS are going to make Breakaway pricing look like a deal, so it may not work to bring her pricing down any. :(

Here is my problem with the MDR waiting times, whatever they might be at time of sailing. If you have reservations for a show, say the early time, and you end up waiting for 45min to be seated in the MDR (where service is always slow) you will miss your show and have to rebook if possible. I could see this really end up getting people very upset. While I like the freestyle atmosphere, with now needing reservations for shows, they may have to rethink allowing reservations in the MDRs. If it works on land, why can't it work for them?

Here is my problem with the MDR waiting times, whatever they might be at time of sailing. If you have reservations for a show, say the early time, and you end up waiting for 45min to be seated in the MDR (where service is always slow) you will miss your show and have to rebook if possible. I could see this really end up getting people very upset. While I like the freestyle atmosphere, with now needing reservations for shows, they may have to rethink allowing reservations in the MDRs. If it works on land, why can't it work for them?

I agree but so many people dont show for reservations or come so late, it creates problems. Even land restaurants are now punishing late showers or people that wont even cancel and not show up.

But the conspiracy theorists will pick this up and say that the lines and waits at the MDR is a tactic NCL uses to get you to pay for the specialty restaurants. I dont believe it but sometimes it is easier to just pay to eat somewhere rather than having to wait and miss a show.

Service on the Breakaway during the Transatlantic in the MDRs was slow compared to my experience on the Epic last year.

I suspect that this is what is causing the long wait times. I'd hope that it will improve over the coming weeks. Otherwise it could become a big problem for them.

Now they have 3 dining rooms they could set aside one with fixed dining to match the main shows. I guess fixed dining would be a no go but they could offer reservations in one place with limited times available to match the shows.

Our recent Princess cruise they had main dining down to a fine art only saw a line once and there was none at the second freestyle option.

By 8:30 most people seemed to have been seated, very few turning up to eat so not easy to get a shared table.

Service on the Breakaway during the Transatlantic in the MDRs was slow compared to my experience on the Epic last year.

We had no problem in Manhatan the time we tried it, if anything it was one of the better service expriences.

So glad you are having a great cruise and great weather Gambee!! It is beautiful here in NY too!! Got to 90 and I had to go to work for the first time this year. I work outside in a pool facility! :D HOT HOT HOT!

Now they have 3 dining rooms they could set aside one with fixed dining to match the main shows. .....

I like this idea. Like DCL, fixed times. Many families would go for this if it assured little to no wait times. Is there a ship that has this, freestyle and fixed dining reserved in an mdr? (set/same table and servers). Now there's a twist on freestyle dinning. I like this idea. :) It would alleviate some of the traffic from the other two mdr's.

Gambee please don't share to much info about your awesome balcony with other pax. Remember the www, social media, word of mouth, and supply and demand. Of course I didn't help creating the spreadsheet. :D

Hey stop playing CC concierge to us. Chill and relax. Of course if you are addicted as I am, it is hard not at least check in to the boards.

No one here will be disappointed if you blow us off, and post when you return. :)

Archived