Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

We are a party of 10 which includes 3 boys under 10. We sail in July when I expect the ship to be at capacity. So is it correct we can not make a ressie for the MDRs prior to boarding or the night before a dinner? Waiting an hour will not be an option for my nephews. Thank you.

....... I have read and heard about it from the people that were on the TA sailing and the ship was not even 3/4 full. What is it going to be like when the ship is full in the summer months??? .....

This I am curious about. I see the BA capacity listed as 3957 - 4819 pax.

Didn't I read current pax count of 4600? I call that full, so any dining wait times I feel are being tested as we speak.

What is the absolute max pax count for the BA? Is it like every other vessel where it depends on the counts for lifeboat stations and such? Of course it is. Still wonder if 4810 is max. If it is, the BA is at full capacity currently. :eek:

I like this idea. Like DCL, fixed times. Many families would go for this if it assured little to no wait times. Is there a ship that has this, freestyle and fixed dining reserved in an mdr? (set/same table and servers). Now there's a twist on freestyle dinning. I like this idea. :) It would alleviate some of the traffic from the other two mdr's.

When I sailed on HAL they had two main dining rooms. One was traditional cruise set time dining and the other was anytime dining. We chose anytime as we like to eat when and where we feel like it. Only had a short wait once but we did try to avoid peak times.

I think if you plan it right you may not have a wait. but if you go into peak times, expect a wait, just like any other restaurant on land at peak hours.

I know on the Epic, taste had less of a wait then Manhattan. so we knew we had to go between 5 and 530pm.

Breakaway, remember 2 nights they have burn the floor in the Manhattan dining room, 1 night at 6:30 and one night a 6:00. Its going to be a long wait. so you know either to eat somewhere else or get in line early if you want to see the show.

Key is flexibility. Less you are flexible the more you are going to get frustrated.

I was wondering about burn the floor...do you make reservations and then eat while show is on!?

We are a party of 10 which includes 3 boys under 10. We sail in July when I expect the ship to be at capacity. So is it correct we can not make a ressie for the MDRs prior to boarding or the night before a dinner? Waiting an hour will not be an option for my nephews. Thank you.

We are a party of 17 sailing in June. Seven kids- three boys under 10. No MDR reservations available before the cruise or on it! We aren't officially a group - need 20 something for that.... So NCL won't help us much.

We did make a la Cucina reservation so that we are assured one large party table and no wait. Our travel agent was able to handle thru NCL that for our parents 50 th wedding anniversary.... I am platinum so I hope the concierge will help us once on board for other large party needs! Otherwise we have broken our nights down to dining in smaller groups and at Le Bistro and Ocean Blue- without kids!

Good luck! Will report back on cc if you wish following our cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Ctrinh225: please ask this in my review again and I will explain better, it is a delicate answer. Privacy in the tub is an issue from outside.

Omg. Now u really peak my interest!! Thanks Gambee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gambee or someone in the havens. Can the spa suite bed be separated? Is there a screen/curtain blocking the jacuzzi tub. Want the room but don't feel like eating/sleeping with a big tub out in the open. YouTube video does not state clearly. Thank u

On the EPIC there was no curtain. But the 'Jacuzzi tub' is just a fillable tub with jets.

It's not permanently full of water, so you don't need to worry about it splashing out, etc.

But it's a feature of the Spa Suite (I've done 3 on the EPIC, and am booked in one on Breakaway) which IS front & center in the cabin.

If that's not to your liking, I'd suggest changing cabins. Also, I strongly doubt that the beds can be separated....I saw another thread saying the suite beds couldn't be...and the Spa Suite is marketed for 2 max., so unlikely to split the bed. I think it's supposed to be romantic, with the hot tub in-room, etc.

Stephen

Sarah: My phone is fine the way. There seems to be leak in their internet service and it is hard to explain, ill try to explain in the review. Yes the customer service desk really upset me, but over it now. Chilling with great weather. l

Oh okay. I was worried that you would get slammed with roaming charges. I turned to Gui after that incident, with my mouth hung open, and shouted "OH NO!!" :eek: It almost gave him a heart attack! :p

I knew it wouldn't phase you too much if all the other activities are keeping you busy.

YES! GREAT WEATHER! You picked the BEST week to go on the Breakaway! Seriously, nothing but dark skies, humid air, high 80s, and steamy rain. Horrific weather, and oddly enough it will clear near the end of the week when you return! :D

By the way, if you do Facetime me tomorrow while in Bermuda, text message or email me first letting me know you can. I will respond with the time I will go on lunch or when I am home so we can chat. :)

I like this idea. Like DCL, fixed times. Many families would go for this if it assured little to no wait times. Is there a ship that has this, freestyle and fixed dining reserved in an mdr? (set/same table and servers). Now there's a twist on freestyle dinning. I like this idea. :) It would alleviate some of the traffic from the other two mdr's.

This is a slippery slope. We have two young children and HATED (I'll say it again, *hated*) DCL's fixed dining times. We don't want to be tied down to a meal time, that's why we sail NCL. If they start veering towards fixed times for meals and the major shows, we will be looking for another line. Fixed dining doesn't work for a lot of families for a variety of reasons, mainly kids don't stick to a schedule while on vacation and stuff happens...like having too much fun on the beach to leave for supper :)

I really think this is a new ship issue. Let the staff get used to their surroundings and dealing with thousands of people at a time, then see if it is still a problem.

On the EPIC there was no curtain. But the 'Jacuzzi tub' is just a fillable tub with jets.

It's not permanently full of water, so you don't need to worry about it splashing out, etc.

But it's a feature of the Spa Suite (I've done 3 on the EPIC, and am booked in one on Breakaway) which IS front & center in the cabin.

If that's not to your liking, I'd suggest changing cabins. Also, I strongly doubt that the beds can be separated....I saw another thread saying the suite beds couldn't be...and the Spa Suite is marketed for 2 max., so unlikely to split the bed. I think it's supposed to be romantic, with the hot tub in-room, etc.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen. I'm going with my sister. She wants to have access to the havens and the spa so this room was both worlds. I wish their was a curtain or screen to cover the tub within the room so when I'm eating or sleeping I won't look into it. I seen pictures of the one on epic and they look much nicer. Gambee just peak my interest when he stated it was a sensitive issue. Lol.

Regarding beds. Some cabins have kings, other queens. Does a pattern exist onboard or with ncl? Do the kings not separate, while the queens do. I do recall cabin descriptions saying some/most beds separated. Ncl US say's it's a king in the S9, and doesn't mention separation possible. Says it only sleeps two. I'm still confused about this cabin capacity total. Don't all couches sleep a pax? Why wouldn't the spa Suite sleep three? It's got a king bed and a couch. Same with the B1 HC.

Regarding beds. Some cabins have kings, other queens. Does a pattern exist onboard or with ncl? Do the kings not separate, while the queens do. I do recall cabin descriptions saying some/most beds separated. Ncl US say's it's a king in the S9, and doesn't mention separation possible. Says it only sleeps two. I'm still confused about this cabin capacity total. Don't all couches sleep a pax? Why wouldn't the spa Suite sleep three? It's got a king bed and a couch. Same with the B1 HC.

YouTube video shows no Couch. Just 2 chairs with small table.

For what it's worth I thought the Spa Suite was one of, if not the nicest room on the Breakaway. I would love that room. It did scream romance though. :-)

Did the Spa Suite on the Epic. It is really designed as a romantic getaway room for a couple so the beds will not separate. And the no privacy tub is supposed to be a romantic feature which is why it can only be booked for 2.

I believe all the mass market cruise lines offer traditional and some type of "anytime dining" Some have separate dining rooms while others have a section in the MDR for the "anytime" diners.

I was wondering about burn the floor...do you make reservations and then eat while show is on!?
Burn the Floor is also showed in the theater as well. Personally, during a dinner, I prefer to just concentrate on food, wine and nice conversation. I wouldn't like watching a show at the same time.;)

YouTube video shows no Couch. Just 2 chairs with small table.

Gotcha. Thanks. But this shows something, I guess a day bed?

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/assets/stateroom-schematics/schematics-haven-spasuite.png

Of course it's an old artist conception, and we ll know how that goes. :rolleyes:

But agree, this sitting device is not the normal couch in most cabins. Fwiw I did not looked at S9 video.

I will admit, with 2008 cabins, we don't want three pax in each cabin. lol

We are a party of 17 sailing in June. Seven kids- three boys under 10. No MDR reservations available before the cruise or on it! We aren't officially a group - need 20 something for that.... So NCL won't help us much.

We did make a la Cucina reservation so that we are assured one large party table and no wait. Our travel agent was able to handle thru NCL that for our parents 50 th wedding anniversary.... I am platinum so I hope the concierge will help us once on board for other large party needs! Otherwise we have broken our nights down to dining in smaller groups and at Le Bistro and Ocean Blue- without kids!

If you are platinum your concierge will help you get all your meals scheduled once you get on board. There are only 4 of us, and we depend a lot on our concierge and we have never had a problem. They are there to help you with all your reservations for everything.

Talking to NCL in Miami has absolutely nothing to do with meals once you are onboard. I would not expect my travel agent to have anything to do with meals on NCL ships.

Best of luck on your cruise and just relax I am sure all your meals will be wonderful.

If you are platinum your concierge will help you get all your meals scheduled once you get on board. There are only 4 of us, and we depend a lot on our concierge and we have never had a problem. They are there to help you with all your reservations for everything.

Talking to NCL in Miami has absolutely nothing to do with meals once you are onboard. I would not expect my travel agent to have anything to do with meals on NCL ships.

Best of luck on your cruise and just relax I am sure all your meals will be wonderful.

Gotcha. Thanks. But this shows something, I guess a day bed? .....

OK, looked at S9 video, definitely no couch or day bed. And it definitely looks like a king bed too. Definitely , definitely, ...... :D :p "squeezed and pulled and hurt my neck, Tuesday, Nov 22nd, 1985" lol

.... Is this the chair you used out on the balcony for a table?!? I love the idea!!

[photo deleted]

Where are you finding all these awesome links to photos? Will you please post these links to the spreadsheet thread, so I can scan the info/photos , and add to slides. Please !

Did I already ask this? :eek: :confused:

It took me awhile to find/locate/see the USA Today link that had awesome photos of the cabins. I used Sloan's photos in many slides. They rocked !

TIA

So I saw Petter Max (spelling) and not the best encounter.

Me: Hello, are you you Petter Max. ( he was with a companion)

Him: Yes, (with a not so good face)

Me:Very nice to meet you, great job on the ship (I have to admit that the paint grew on me and I like it now. Trust me, I know how much I was against in the past. But last week when I saw the ship sailing out of NY it just looked majestic on that cam)

Him: Ok

Me: Would you mind if I get a picture with you?

Him: "Uggghhhhhhhhhhhh" and his companion rolled eyes

Me: Never mind, no worries, enjoy your cruise.

Him: Them he finally smiled and gave a small high five.

I am not really sure what to say here, I understand that he must of taken 5 thousand pictures by now. But I did felt a little let down by his attitude, I mean he is a celebrity in a ship which he decorated… Of course he is going to get people asking for pictures.

The funny thing out this entire situation is that I actually recognized him. I am absolutely horrible with faces, I really cannot believe that I recognized him.

Well at the very least I can say that I met and talked to Peter Max :D.

Its all good ;)

..... Him: Them he finally smiled and gave a small high five.....

Sounds like a bad character experience on DCL. :D

Personally, I'm unsure how I would have reacted encountering Peter Max. :eek:

I'm comforted knowing the odds of that encounter are nil. ;)

He/ncl should have had him focus more on the big white boxes on deck, than the forward hull. IMO

terpsince74: howl, no. Comedy yes.

studebaker: there two comedy shows, I did not know this. I just booked the other one for another night. 2 Free ones.

insidecabin: You're not the first person to say this, I heard from two other people in this cruise. Although this would go against the freestyle method…

Swim13: Lots of hiccups, but amazing cruise. I have discovered a new side of cursing that I did not know about. More on that on the review.

Bear: too late, I am a blabber mouth in this cruise. Plus everyone in our cabin crawl where just amazed with my incredible balcony. I enjoy checking CC at times, like I said its my therapy ;)

English: that chair makes an incredible table, I think they designed it like that on purpose.

js: I don't believe you can make them prior boarding, but possible in the ship. I have not been in the mdr for dinner yet and actually I am not even sure ill make it there. In my vacation I don't feel like waiting. But ill try to remember to ask about that tomorrow.

Bear: you got me thinking, I want to verify that number. Ill ask again. We are sold at 70%, I know that. I was told over 4k people and then I overheard an officer saying 4600. I will double check those numbers.

Sarah: I am soooo sunburn…. :-/ not good at all, you know why…. I been putting sun screen like a maniac, but my skin is so weak…. I will try to facetime you tomorrow in bermuda.

Bear: I think I only saw a king on a mini, or full suite.

please pardon me for grammar and such, I had way much to drink and way much fun. This night was super fun, met a lot of people today! right now I am on my balcony listening to the tunes upstairs. I also just made plans for dinner with Shaun. Went bowling. and many other adventures. :)

Life is great folks!

terpsince74: howl, no. Comedy yes.

studebaker: there two comedy shows, I did not know this. I just booked the other one for another night. 2 Free ones.

insidecabin: You're not the first person to say this, I heard from two other people in this cruise. Although this would go against the freestyle method…

Swim13: Lots of hiccups, but amazing cruise. I have discovered a new side of cursing that I did not know about. More on that on the review.

Bear: too late, I am a blabber mouth in this cruise. Plus everyone in our cabin crawl where just amazed with my incredible balcony. I enjoy checking CC at times, like I said its my therapy ;)

English: that chair makes an incredible table, I think they designed it like that on purpose.

js: I don't believe you can make them prior boarding, but possible in the ship. I have not been in the mdr for dinner yet and actually I am not even sure ill make it there. In my vacation I don't feel like waiting. But ill try to remember to ask about that tomorrow.

Bear: you got me thinking, I want to verify that number. Ill ask again. We are sold at 70%, I know that. I was told over 4k people and then I overheard an officer saying 4600. I will double check those numbers.

Sarah: I am soooo sunburn…. :-/ not good at all, you know why…. I been putting sun screen like a maniac, but my skin is so weak…. I will try to facetime you tomorrow in bermuda.

Bear: I think I only saw a king on a mini, or full suite.

please pardon me for grammar and such, I had way much to drink and way much fun. This night was super fun, met a lot of people today! right now I am on my balcony listening to the tunes upstairs. I also just made plans for dinner with Shaun. Went bowling. and many other adventures. :)

Life is great folks!

You are enjoying the breakaway the.way it was design...epic and breakaway are party ships. You need a vacation when you get home . Whatever you do dont miss the martini or Margarita tastings. If you pick one chose Margarita...best highlight of your cruise.

You are not sweating the small stuff..i luv it!!!

Archived