Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

A few questions that may have been answered but I cant fond them. Is Spice always adults only? What about the special events there, no children? And spice is free but vibe is extra $? What is the difference btw them? Also does the wine dispenser in Buffett take the UBP?

Here's to hoping that since those currently on the cruise will be back Sunday and Monday is a holiday (here in the U.S.) that they will all have time to write their reviews! :p I'm sure Gambee's review is going to be a fun read!

My review launches on Sunday, I pre wrote all the pre cruise stuff and I will post that while I work on organizing my pics. I will probably do a lot while I am waiting on the airport.

There is free ice cream. I think in the garden cafe. By the way the garden cafe is horrible! At prime times. Very badly setup. Food was great though.

Nice beach day today, took some insane pics. Now chilling by the dockyard.

P.S. please don't disregard slice of slice. She has a full professional camera and she takes insane pictures. I can't wait to see her stuff. All I can say is that after this sailing all the questions should be answered.

All I can say is that after this sailing all the questions should be answered.

Even the questions about the two M1 cabins on deck 10 if they both have a sofa or a chair? LOL

Seriously, though, I look forward to your review more so than I've looked forward to anyone else's review! Thanks for taking the time to do it!

Can't wait to see her photos!! I know not everyone can post live updates (nor should you guys feel the need to, lol) and it should be very informative to hear from all of you on this sailing, since it seems to be a fairly full sailing and see all the wonderful pictures. I'm sure there will be plenty of information flying once all these reviews are in.

The (silly) question I have is, where will you all be posting your reviews. I have noticed from the previous sailing, they are all over the place, some in their respective roll call board, some under the norwegian forum, they just seem to be everywhere! I also check the member reviews, but it seems not many have posted there since the TA. Is there another place I should be looking?

Thanks to all of you who take the time to share your experiences, thoughts and photos.

A few questions that may have been answered but I cant fond them. Is Spice always adults only? What about the special events there, no children? And spice is free but vibe is extra $? What is the difference btw them? Also does the wine dispenser in Buffett take the UBP?

I've seen pics of the sail away party with Spongebob and kids at spice. I also read kids aren't allowed at the 80s party but that doesn't start til 10:30. (Right!?)

Vibe is extra $ and as far as i know spice is free but adults only. You get chilled towels and fruit skewers at vibe but they both ave hot tubs and spice has that cool waterfall feature!!

My review launches on Sunday, I pre wrote all the pre cruise stuff and I will post that while I work on organizing my pics. I will probably do a lot while I am waiting on the airport.

There is free ice cream. I think in the garden cafe. By the way the garden cafe is horrible! At prime times. Very badly setup. Food was great though.

P.S. please don't disregard slice of slice. She has a full professional camera and she takes insane pictures. I can't wait to see her stuff. All I can say is that after this sailing all the questions should be answered.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to your review!!!

So I saw Petter Max (spelling) and not the best encounter.

Me: Hello, are you you Petter Max. ( he was with a companion)

Him: Yes, (with a not so good face)

Me:Very nice to meet you, great job on the ship (I have to admit that the paint grew on me and I like it now. Trust me, I know how much I was against in the past. But last week when I saw the ship sailing out of NY it just looked majestic on that cam)

Him: Ok

Me: Would you mind if I get a picture with you?

Him: "Uggghhhhhhhhhhhh" and his companion rolled eyes

Me: Never mind, no worries, enjoy your cruise.

Him: Them he finally smiled and gave a small high five.

I am not really sure what to say here, I understand that he must of taken 5 thousand pictures by now. But I did felt a little let down by his attitude, I mean he is a celebrity in a ship which he decorated… Of course he is going to get people asking for pictures.

The funny thing out this entire situation is that I actually recognized him. I am absolutely horrible with faces, I really cannot believe that I recognized him.

Well at the very least I can say that I met and talked to Peter Max :D.

Its all good ;)

Hahahaha, he was not very friendly on the inaugural sailing either! They set up a meet-and-greet event where you could get a poster signed by him and he looked miserable most of the time. However, when a local Fox reporter interviewed him, he was all smiles. Then after, right back to scowling! He would just yell, "NAME?" at you and then write your name on the poster and sign it. Most of the time, he wouldn't even make eye contact.

Separate note - if he was on the 5/8 sailing (and I assume the 5/10 sailing as well), do you think he's been onboard for 2+ weeks now? Maybe he's tired of Breakaway and wants to get off! :p

Can't wait to see YOUR STUFF! It's all I am waiting for! :D

Trust me Max looked really happy and Pointing at the slides to show something to his companion. It was at soon as I approached him that it all went down hill.

After I posted the word "stuff" I knew it generate fun comments :D. Did not felt like editing. I am using tapatalk on my phone.

4 soft serve machines in the buffet plus a hand dipped hard ice cream station. All free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Good to hear! Epic had the hard ice cream stations in the buffet, too. The flavors changed, and they even had sugar free.:):):)

Trust me Max looked really happy and Pointing at the slides to show something to his companion. It was at soon as I approached him that it all went down hill.

After I posted the word "stuff" I knew it generate fun comments :D. Did not felt like editing. I am using tapatalk on my phone.

Apparently Peter Max’s contract with NCL only requires that he provide a ship art rendering and nothing more. Being friendly and approachable costs more!

I hope you dont have to head to work as soon as you get back this time.....because me thinks you are having such good time you need recovery dry out time!! :D Last sea day will NOT be a down day! You got get it all in the stuff you missed throughout the week...but you wont make it...:)..but that is fun part in trying!!

Sounds like you are having such a FUN, FUN time!

Cant wait to see yours , shauns and slices pictures. I cant wait to hear everyones stories!!

Hahahaha, he was not very friendly on the inaugural sailing either! They set up a meet-and-greet event where you could get a poster signed by him and he looked miserable most of the time. However, when a local Fox reporter interviewed him, he was all smiles. Then after, right back to scowling! He would just yell, "NAME?" at you and then write your name on the poster and sign it. Most of the time, he wouldn't even make eye contact.

Oh heck no. I would've turned around and walked away. Can't stand pretentious people!

My extended weekend just got a lot better! :D

As for the people comparing Allure/Oasis to Breakaway class, I will be going on the Allure in under 40 days and I cannot wait to explore her. I would also love to sail on the Breakaway. From what I've heard from various reviews and have seen from pictures, I think they are both amazing ships and I don't know if one is actually better than the other. Allure/Oasis are always going to be more grand in scale but I don't think RCI should disregard NCL! Instead of RCI and CCL being the big boys in the industry, I think NCL is catching up pretty good and MAY even pass Carnival in a few years based on all of their issues lately...I'm sure RCI and NCL are winning the guest satisfactory category for the 3 big mainstream lines.

I was REALLY hoping Quantum would have an aqua park like NCL and CCL...NCL is doing great with their upper decks! Can't wait to see all the pictures! :)

Mine too! I'm giddy with excitement! My cruise is still 499 days away! Lol BUT, my MIL is leaving this Sunday. It'll almost be like I'm right with her on the cruise...

Ahhh! Hey that's better than not having a trip planned on the Breakaway at all! At least I get to go on Allure soon!

I'm trying to get my dad onboard with a cruise on the Breakaway in 2015! (pun intended) :D

I like "stuff" :)

As for the people comparing Allure/Oasis to Breakaway class, I will be going on the Allure in under 40 days and I cannot wait to explore her. I would also love to sail on the Breakaway. From what I've heard from various reviews and have seen from pictures, I think they are both amazing ships and I don't know if one is actually better than the other. Allure/Oasis are always going to be more grand in scale but I don't think RCI should disregard NCL! Instead of RCI and CCL being the big boys in the industry, I think NCL is catching up pretty good and MAY even pass Carnival in a few years based on all of their issues lately...I'm sure RCI and NCL are winning the guest satisfactory category for the 3 big mainstream lines.

I was REALLY hoping Quantum would have an aqua park like NCL and CCL...NCL is doing great with their upper decks! Can't wait to see all the pictures! :)

I agree I think RCI & NCL have surpassed the other cruise lines by building the best ships @ sea IMHO. :cool::D Typically RCI will not duplicate many features of it's competitors. They tend to continue to try to offer a different cruise experience than their competitors. NCL is designing and building ships that are innovative with many amenities to satisfy their clientele. :D:cool:

Just off the Allure and you will love it! The shows are amazing. See them all. I am excited for the Breakaway. It is a wonderful thing not to have to "fly" to port. :D

Archived