Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I am booked on the Getaway 18th October 2014 in an aft haven penthouse suite. I periodically check the NCL website prices for my sailing, just in case there is a price drop. Already my cabin has increased in price. However .... today when I looked all the aft haven penthouse cabins had disappeared. I checked other dates and the aft haven penthouse cabins were not showing there either. It appears to be the same on the Breakaway too. I am from the UK so I am not sure if it is just the UK site. Maybe they are updating something??? Is it the same on the US site? :confused:

Your right It does not show up on the 10 or so dates I checked (on the US site) I have that suite booked on the breakaway in may.

Very Strange.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the layout of the Breakaway's forward facing penthouses with balcony. From the pics, it seems like on deck 13, they may have what some have called a 'hull balcony' and it seems like on the floors below, there is at least some interaction/interference from the slanting forward part of the decks. Unless the penthouses go two windows back, I'm not yet seeing a "spacious" balcony, but more like an abbreviated balcony.

Another question about the fwd facing penthouses, where is the small porthole depicted in the bathroom pic? It does not appear to be facing front, as depicted on the website b/c there appear to be no small holes, so where is it? Nestled even closer to the forwards decks slant? (wish I could say that better - the cascading circular windows and the metal surrounding them on the forward upper decks)

Here is the penthouse desc/pics: http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-forward-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

And here is the post, #301, with the best pics so far, around page 16 for me: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36512309&postcount=301

Thanks for any insight/s!

No height, weight or age requirements for the slides. I have seen 2-year-olds go down as well as 6'4, 300-pound men.

Epic had ice cream cones available in the buffet but I want to say that you were served and it wasn't DIY.

The EPIC def had a height restriction for the slides, not sure what it was tho. I definitely saw 2 little girls standing against a "you must be this tall" sign.

Especially on Breakaway's drop slides, I wonder what the physics is to go down, then go back up a bit, then down to the end. It's possible that some people would be too light to get through the back up bit, but I'm no scientist. I surely want to make sure I'd get through the back up part! (and I hope they have an emergency door - like at Chucky Cheese) for people who get stuck in the tube!)

I have liked the hull artwork from the start, but it is really looking good. Peter Max is not for everyone, but it certainly brands the ship and represents such an amazing city.

My biggest issue is the giant signature. Looks like the MS Peter Max.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I was never a fan of any of the artwork on NCL ships but since this one represents New York....I am beginning to like it.

I say at sailaway they play New York, New York by Sinatra or Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.:D

Greetings fellow travelers!!!

My name is Michael Johnson. I have cruised on the Epic twice (engaged Jan 2011 - married Jan 2012) and have also worked on the Epic as an entertainer in the Howl At The Moon show. I will be on Breakaway July 21 - August 18 and I am just as excited as all of you to see the new ship. I will be back on Epic later this fall.

Just wanted to say hi!!!

Michael Johnson:cool:

Epic2.jpg.94466ff92078a06e0dc509f05f55aaec.jpg

Most definitely, can't wait to check it out.

And I've recently had a thought...for those of us heading out on one of the first couple of sailings of this ship, has anyone else been tempted to try to avoid all interior photos of the ship (staterooms, restaurants, common areas, etc) once they come out, and just let it be more of a surprise when you board? I mean if you think about it, its very rare that you have an opportunity to truly be surprised by what is inside a brand new ship, so I'm thinking once those photos begin to surface (which probably won't be until right after the transatlantic sailing) I'll try to avoid them completely. Anybody else thinking that way? I mean once they are available, it won't be long to wait until our actual cruise, assuming you're on one of the first 2 or 3 sailings like I am. :D

I'm so glad you posted this, because I have been having the same idea for about the last week or so!

I've been so excited and invested (time and $:D) for my July, 2013 Breakaway cruise that I wonder if after all the anticipation, research, and wondering, REAL pictures might take away from the excitement. I will obviously be way after final payment...insurance doesn't cover disappointment for the issue of what was hoped vs. what's real in the sense that I booked June, 2012,....and I think I will be so much less excited if initial reviews and pictures are more negative than positive.

So...I'm not at all sure I will be able to resist the initial postings/pics about the Breakaway, but I sure have been thinking about it!:)

Greetings fellow travelers!!!

My name is Michael Johnson. I have cruised on the Epic twice (engaged Jan 2011 - married Jan 2012) and have also worked on the Epic as an entertainer in the Howl At The Moon show. I will be on Breakaway July 21 - August 18 and I am just as excited as all of you to see the new ship. I will be back on Epic later this fall.

Just wanted to say hi!!!

Michael Johnson:cool:

Hey Michael....how cool is that? Engaged..married...entertaining...on what are sure to be the best 2 ships in the industry....My hat is off to you! ;)

changed our plans, now going on the Breakaway on May 12th. The first 7 day out of NYC.......EXCITED!!!!

Yippeeee!!...we did the same thing.

We were going to book her for July and said you know what, go broke in May or stay home. We are NOT staying home!!! :D

I was never a fan of any of the artwork on NCL ships but since this one represents New York....I am beginning to like it.

I say at sailaway they play New York, New York by Sinatra or Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.:D

It (the hull) looks over done to me, but.....I LOVE your choice of sailaway songs!

You know after I posted I started wondering. Maybe the menu from the waterfront will be different from the non-oceanfront?

If that's the case then those on the Trans-Atlantic will probably not get to try the OUTDOOR menu because I can't envision much al-fresco dining going on there. Ice Bar parkas will be on loan for sure! :eek::D

Archived