Miami airport parking options?

bottomfeeder

I'll be driving to Miami to fly out of there to Europe to catch my transatlantic cruise (which ends in Miami.) I'm trying to figure out what the best option is:

--some hotels (such as the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon) have a stay/park package so I could stay there the night before my flight and leave my car there for the duration. That particular hotel has a free shuttle to/from the airport, which means on my return I'd just need to get transport to the airport, then pick up the hotel shuttle to get my car.

--I may be able to drive over the same day my flight leaves rather than the night before. If I do that, is there a decent long-term parking option (15/16 days) that wouldn't end up costing more than the stay/park package at a hotel?

--Are there other options I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

I'll be driving to Miami to fly out of there to Europe to catch my transatlantic cruise (which ends in Miami.) I'm trying to figure out what the best option is:

--some hotels (such as the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon) have a stay/park package so I could stay there the night before my flight and leave my car there for the duration. That particular hotel has a free shuttle to/from the airport, which means on my return I'd just need to get transport to the airport, then pick up the hotel shuttle to get my car. Taxi from POM to MIA is $25+tip -- or go straight to your hotel for about $30 (including tip)

--I may be able to drive over the same day my flight leaves rather than the night before. If I do that, is there a decent long-term parking option (15/16 days) that wouldn't end up costing more than the stay/park package at a hotel? I would look at the long term economy parking near MIA - some as low as $5 per day.

--Are there other options I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

There are a few downtown lots in downtown Miami that will save you compared to parking at the pier, but security of your car while you are gone is an issue :eek: and the fees will be more expensive than parking near the airport. Good luck! :)

I use Airport Fast Park. $8.41 a day covered or uncovered. They have constant vans to the airport until midnight. 12am-5am you call the number on the ticket and they come get you in 10 mins. Super friendly drivers help you with your bags.

The other option is park at the Metrorail Earlington Heights Station. Pay $4.00 per day and pay $2.00 to take the train to the airport. If you use this you have to pre pay the parking on the internet.

There is an economy option at the airport for $8.00 a day but the vans are infrequent, like every 30 mins or so and the drivers would rather spit on you than say good morning.

Archived