Guaranteed Interior cabin

I'm looking at booking a cruise on the Radiance of the Seas sailing next february and one of the categories is a guaranteed interior cabin.

Has anyone tried this before.I would appreciate any feedback.

Regards Elaine.

Have you ever cruised in an inside cabin? We usually book inside cabins, and often on a guarantee with P&O. Everyone on a guarantee is originally allocated the lowest category that has twin/queen beds (not bunks), but the only time we ended up in that category was when we booked ten days prior to the cruise. Every other time we were upgraded, usually to an inside in a better location, as P&O upgrade earlier bookings before later ones.

Unless you would be happy cruising in the category you have booked, I do not suggest you book a guarantee. Don't count on an upgrade to an outside. We have been luck to get this type of upgrade a couple of times, but it doesn't usually happen.:)

I'm looking at booking a cruise on the Radiance of the Seas sailing next february and one of the categories is a guaranteed interior cabin.

Has anyone tried this before.I would appreciate any feedback.

Regards Elaine.

also with a guarantee they can put you anywhere on the ship and you might be stuck with that cabin

I have never cruised in an inside cabin before.The plan was that we booked a 9 night cruise on the Voyager of the Seas for next february in an inside to see how we go and then we had planned on cruising again later in the year in an inside if we liked it otherwise we would stick with the outside cabins.

The problem is that my husband has to take his allocated leave in february and march and his workplace is not allowing him to save part of it for later which is why I started looking at additional cruises.It will mean getting off Voyager one day and getting on Radiance the next but I'm sure I'll cope:)

As for upgrades, I would never expect this to happen.The only upgrade I have ever received was at the Old Cataract Hotel to a room overlooking the Nile River.I was in heaven and I always said that if this is the only upgrade I ever receive then I will be happy with that.

Regards Elaine.

I have never cruised in an inside cabin before.The plan was that we booked a 9 night cruise on the Voyager of the Seas for next february in an inside to see how we go and then we had planned on cruising again later in the year in an inside if we liked it otherwise we would stick with the outside cabins.

The problem is that my husband has to take his allocated leave in february and march and his workplace is not allowing him to save part of it for later which is why I started looking at additional cruises.It will mean getting off Voyager one day and getting on Radiance the next but I'm sure I'll cope:)

As for upgrades, I would never expect this to happen.The only upgrade I have ever received was at the Old Cataract Hotel to a room overlooking the Nile River.I was in heaven and I always said that if this is the only upgrade I ever receive then I will be happy with that.

Regards Elaine.

a guarantee is good if you dont mind a cabin anywhere on the ship and sometimes you dont find out your cabin number until you are checking in at the pier.....an inside is good as you are only in there to sleep and what you save can go towards something else

the room is very dark and you dont know if its daytime or night time....we leave the light on in the bathroom and the light shines under the door so if you need the bathroom you are not stumbling around in the dark

nothing wrong with this, if you don't mind where on the ship you'll be. I'll book a guarantee anytime.

As for inside, nothing wrong with them either, if it means you can cruise again sooner! give it a go is my recomendation. You just never know, you just might get hooked on this process!

B&B

We have taken inside guarantees on all cruises so far. The next we got a balcony at the price of an inside. I am hoping I wont get too spoilt and cope with going back to inside. I travel cheap so I can travel often. As someone said it is very dark but we also leave the bathroom light on and door ajar. Don't think I have ever slept so well on a holiday. Nothing better than a dark quiet room and being rocked to sleep like a baby.

I have to agree that you sleep like a baby in an inside cabin and also leave the bathroom light on at night which is fine if you need to get up at night.

On our New Zealand Cruise in February we booked an inside guarantee as this was the only option at the time. Our cabin showed up in our Cruise Personalizer a few days later. We were given the highest priced inside on Aloha Deck Midship underneath the Pool Deck. I was guite worried about the position but ended up being a really quiet spot.

The year before we were on Emerald Deck and must say I thought this was better than being on Aloha Deck as we did not have to rely as much on the lifts.

Jafdra.

We book inside guarantee cabins - leaving the bathroom light on works well, and when we wake up we put the TV on to the bridge cam station to check the weather and where the ship is - helps so you know what to wear. Also if there is thunder and lightening at sea you have no idea in an inside cabin.

Both times before we have been upgraded only slightly but we were still happy. Our last cruise was 46 nights and the inside cabin was no problem.

Booking cruises basically works like this :

Option 1. You book a particular Category of cabin or a specific Cabin # .

Option 2. You book a specific Cabin number.

Option 3. You book a GUARANTEE Cabin within a Category of Cabin .

With Options 1 & 2 unless you specifically state you want only that cabin, then you are still likely to be allocated another or to be upgraded.

With Option 3 what you are buying is a certain category of Cabin of which the Cruise line will allocate the actual cabin close to sailing date. You may get upgraded, but the cabin type will not be lower than your guarantee. (E:G: you book an BC Category Balcony, then you would not receive a category lower like a BD Balcony . But you might get allocated an AA balcony.)

The cruise lines carry on with all this shenanigans to yield the most $ from the cabins and to give them the greatest flexibility to move people around.

Upgrades are usually given within a Category of Balcony, Ocean View or Inside . (e:g: from a booked BD Balcony to say an BC.) Sometimes from a category to higher like from CA Ocean View to a BD Balcony.)

The crunch dates to watch for re-arrangement of the Deck Chairs are the date all pax must pay in full by . And then as it gets closer into departure time .

The cruise lines manage the whole thing so that any last minute cabins left for sale are Insides as they often can be sold at short notice at very attractive fares to people "have passport can tarvel at short notice."

TIP: To preserve your sanity in an Inside switch the Cabin TV to Bridge Cam and you will have the view of sea ahead piped into the cabin, just like having a porthole . At night well be out partying or be asleep .

Archived