Car rental FROM Port of Miami?

jimbug

I tried to do a search here, but most of what I read concerned dropping a rental car somewhere and then getting to Port of Miami. We are looking for a car after our cruise. I know there is a Hertz location near the port, but I've heard bad things about it, not to mention Hertz seems to be the most expensive of any agency. Does the Alamo shuttle that runs from the airport location to PoM also pick up pax at PoM to go there for a rental? Any others?

Thank you!

We are renting a Budget which is listed as downtown/port of miami location. We got a good rate because my hubby gets a corporate discount. You might check there. The local phone number is305-377-4410. I just called and they don't have a shuttle so you would have to take a taxie. It runs $13 to $15 dollars and the port is a mile and 1/2 away. Hope this helps.

Alamo, National and Enterpirse share a bus that will take you from POM to their MIA airport location -- you will need to show the driver a print out of your reservation to ride the bus. If you get tired of waitng or are in a hurry a taxi is only $24+tip to MIA. There is also an Avis location in downtown Miami - no shuttle, but only a $10 cab ride from POM.

Good luck! :)

We are going to use the Budget rental. Look on this board for a discount code that is being used. It saved use a bit even with the taxi of $13, we have a later flight out.

good luck.

Archived