A couple Marina questions

Steve007NY

My partner and I have been loyal to Seabourn and Celebrity. However, we're seriously contemplating the Rome to Brazil upcoming marina cruise.

We have a couple questions;

-How crowded is the sanctuary? My partner does not do well in bright sun, but does enjoy being outdoors and we wondered whether the space was always crowded or whether folks could steer us toward other parts of the ship where he could enjoy the sense of outdoors without getting burned

-Second, or cruise would be very Seagate intensive. At least from the deck plans, it seems like there aren't nearly as many chairs as one would need for days when most people would be enjoying the sun. Will this be a major problem?

Thanks

Steve

My partner and I have been loyal to Seabourn and Celebrity. However, we're seriously contemplating the Rome to Brazil upcoming marina cruise.

We have a couple questions;

-How crowded is the sanctuary? My partner does not do well in bright sun, but does enjoy being outdoors and we wondered whether the space was always crowded or whether folks could steer us toward other parts of the ship where he could enjoy the sense of outdoors without getting burned

-Second, or cruise would be very Seagate intensive. At least from the deck plans, it seems like there aren't nearly as many chairs as one would need for days when most people would be enjoying the sun. Will this be a major problem?

Thanks

Steve

My husband does not like the sun and he never had a problem finding a chair in the shade, either around the pool or in the sanctuary. What is so nice about Riviera and Marina is that there are 2 rows in the shade on each side of the pool. The chairs closest to the windows really get no sun.

Cenia

Steve007NY, You should have no problem finding space on the open pool deck, even on sea days. There is so much going on aboard Marina on sea days, you seldom have trouble finding a deck chair just about anywhere you want to sit.

We have a great group on the 11/12 cruise!! As mentioned there is plenty of shade...not only lounge chairs around the pool but also some areas with large comfortable sofas which are close to the pool as well! If there is a cabin available grab it...and come have a great cruise with us!! LuAnn :)

...but also some areas with large comfortable sofas which are close to the pool as well!

211126.jpg

That area is called "The Patio" and all of the ships have one, which is actually why the dinner for passengers who book the big Suites is called "the Chef's Patio Dinner"

rClass-Pool-Deck-2.jpgOn the R Ships The Patio is part of the Pool Deck

224922.jpgOn the O Class, The Patio is up on deck 14, opposite the Sanctuary, and it's place on the pool deck has become an outdoor Terrace for La Reserve

Marina-0394.JPG

230858.jpg On nights when La Reserve is open, pre-function cocktails are served there, but otherwise it is strictly the province of readers who want shade

211126.jpg

That area is called "The Patio" and all of the ships have one, which is actually why the dinner for passengers who book the big Suites is called "the Chef's Patio Dinner"

rClass-Pool-Deck-2.jpgOn the R Ships The Patio is part of the Pool Deck

224922.jpgOn the O Class, The Patio is up on deck 14, opposite the Sanctuary, and it's place on the pool deck has become an outdoor Terrace for La Reserve

Marina-0394.JPG

230858.jpg On nights when La Reserve is open, pre-function cocktails are served there, but otherwise it is strictly the province of readers who want shade

for the visuals!! LuAnn

he's definitely reassured.

Now, to figure out air travel!

You need to fly into Rome and fly out of Rio :)

Welcome aboard...we are on this cruise too, and are also doing the November 2013 TA that ends in Rio...just so we can amortize the cost of the Visa for Brazil :)

gary

You need to fly into Rome and fly out of Rio :)

Welcome aboard...we are on this cruise too, and are also doing the November 2013 TA that ends in Rio...just so we can amortize the cost of the Visa for Brazil :)

gary

you are such a "sly fox!!...great idea!!! LuAnn

sorry, LuAnn, I couldn't resist...hope I didn't scare them off with my wise crack answer...

It's a very good idea!! :D In fact...I should consider that...just got my passport back with that Brazil visa attached!! :p LuAnn

Just returned from Marina. We got a serious upgrade/upsell to A4 category, which included the concierge lounge. I didn't use it a lot, but there were always plenty of people in there reading newspapers, having a little snack, etc. I asked the concierge to help me with a couple things. First, I found my Iphone wasn't working at all (wifi or phone) and she called Virgin Mobile for me. She researched golf in Visby for my husband, and called Icelandair for me to try to get a better seat. The concierge will generally not do stuff like print out your boarding passes, but he/she will make calls for you, and do researching on the internet. I also went to the concierge when I realized I had something that needed to get home safely (a drawing - 11x 14 or so with little packaging) and needed suggestions as to what to do. I've never really used the ship's concierge much, as we are pretty independent travelers, so maybe the same things can be done by that person, but in any case, it was nice to be able to go down the hall and ask for help. She was generally there in the mornings and late afternoon/evenings.

I enjoyed being able to order hot breakfast from room service to be delivered the next day. I didn't ever use the spa in Canyon Ranch, but we were on a very port-intensive cruise, so it was really due more to that than lack of interest. A-4 gets some free pressings - nice, but not important, I'd say. My husband also had his shoes shined once after a very dusty port visit.

Archived