Newbie question part 2

CarenM

Does it matter where you are on the ship? Front, back or middle????

How about lower decks, middle or upper??

The closer you are to the center of the ship... mid ship... mid level deck... the less movement you will feel.

Which ship? If you are sue to doing Disney, I would suggest Carnival Magic over any of the 5 day ships...

I have been on the Triumph and she is a great ship but the Magic suggestion is right on. I know it is more expensive than the Triumph, but there is a lot more for the kids to do! The Triumph has one slide and the seaside theatre, but the Magic has so much more. Unfortunately the cost of the Magic may be outside your desired budget. Don't let this worry you, they are both great ships!

Mid-ship, as low as possible. On our last cruise our TA put us on Main Deck, mid ship. It was wonderful! Very convenient for wherever you want to go. Previous cruises had always been at the back or the front, walked forever to get where we were going, it seemed like. There's a little extra charge - I think it's $7 or $8 per person per day for midship but I think it's worth it.

I have been on the Triumph and she is a great ship but the Magic suggestion is right on. I know it is more expensive than the Triumph, but there is a lot more for the kids to do! The Triumph has one slide and the seaside theatre, but the Magic has so much more. Unfortunately the cost of the Magic may be outside your desired budget. Don't let this worry you, they are both great ships!

Thanks but we are just driving to Galvston from west Texas.

Pretty sure Magic is a 7 day from Galveston. Triumph is a 5. I'm booked on Triumph but only because of some past credits I've had practically cover the entire cost of the trip on this ship. The Magic was what I really want to try!

Pretty sure Magic is a 7 day from Galveston. Triumph is a 5. I'm booked on Triumph but only because of some past credits I've had practically cover the entire cost of the trip on this ship. The Magic was what I really want to try!

Oh - ok - I will look into it. I just started researching this yesterday :)

Oh - ok - I will look into it. I just started researching this yesterday :)

Yes, you are correct :)

My hubby just wants to do a 4 day cruise the firs time though.

If we like it we will do longer next time

Yes! The Triumph and Magic both are sailing from Galveston! I live only about an hour from Galveston and I want to do the Magic..but my next two are both out of NOLA (first the Elation and then Conquest). Good luck in making your decision! BTW...we try to keep midship, but usually go for a higher deck!

Yes! The Triumph and Magic both are sailing from Galveston! I live only about an hour from Galveston and I want to do the Magic..but my next two are both out of NOLA (first the Elation and then Conquest). Good luck in making your decision! BTW...we try to keep midship, but usually go for a higher deck!

Thanks all:D

Magic is a new 7 day Carnival ship which also leaves from the same port as the old Triumph you booked. Triumph is a 1999 ship vs a 2011 ship.

they were meaning since you might be used to a nicer Disney ship, you might prefer the Carnival Magic just because its a whole lot newer than Triumph because older Triumph has no bells or whistles.

They did tell you right.. the lower the deck and as mid ship as you can get is the least motion.

I see you said your hubby only wants to try a 4 day ship, which means a older ship.. just keep in mind that a older ship has no alternative dining, no sur mer like conquest class (fish and chips) and very few food options and no pay restaurants, no water works and no rope course like Magic.

Archived