Port of San Diego info needed.

sassy~one

The only time I would fly in the same day is when I was coming from an airport within a 3-5 hour drive time away, so if my flight was cancelled, I still have time to rent a car and drive to SD. You might consider spending a couple of night in Vegas before your cruise and then flying in to SD on an early flight. Southwest Air has some reasonable LAS-SAN fares and hotels in Vegas are pretty cheap for what you get.

DaveOKC

I also vote for arriving a day early, the cost is to great if something happens the date the ship departs. I fly from Calif to FLL for longer cruises, I now arrive a minimum of one day early, and usually two days early.

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Airport Old Town. Phone 619-543-1130. They will pick you up from the airport and take you to the cruise terminal. There is a great hole in the wall Mexican restaurant within two blocks. They also took three of us to Old Town for dinner and picked us up. I called the hotel to reconfirm the above and they told me they will also take you to the zoo or Sea World and pick you up.

They people that work there are wonderful. They remembered me from one stay to the next.

Living in San Diego I vote for a day early. You don't have to stay at the Holiday Inn. If you come a day early any hotel in downtown has shuttles to the terminal, just ask when you book. You will feel much less stressed.

I used to live at fourth and Juniper and the airplanes were so close we could wave to the passengers.

Archived