Jewel-Aft Facing Penthouse Questions

cruisebie

I'm considering booking the Jewel out of NOLA for next October for myself and my DD. I would love to try the suite life, but have a couple of questions before I book:

Can the queen bed in the SF suite be separated into two single beds or is it a true queen?

If it is a true queen, what is the pull out sofa bed like? Would it be comfortable for my 26 year old DD?

There aren't any SF's available on deck 10 and I know these are supposed to have the largest balconies. How much smaller are the balconies on decks 8 & 9? Of these two decks, which would be better?

Thanks for any input you can give!:)

I'm considering booking the Jewel out of NOLA for next October for myself and my DD. I would love to try the suite life, but have a couple of questions before I book:

Can the queen bed in the SF suite be separated into two single beds or is it a true queen? No, it's a true queen.

If it is a true queen, what is the pull out sofa bed like? Would it be comfortable for my 26 year old DD? Mixed revues, some say it's ok, others not so much.

There aren't any SF's available on deck 10 and I know these are supposed to have the largest balconies. How much smaller are the balconies on decks 8 & 9? Of these two decks, which would be better? Deck 8 usually reports some noise issues. 9 is probably the better choice between the two.

Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you'll have fun.

Can the queen bed in the SF suite be separated into two single beds or is it a true queen? No, it's a true queen.

If it is a true queen, what is the pull out sofa bed like? Would it be comfortable for my 26 year old DD? Mixed revues, some say it's ok, others not so much.

There aren't any SF's available on deck 10 and I know these are supposed to have the largest balconies. How much smaller are the balconies on decks 8 & 9? Of these two decks, which would be better? Deck 8 usually reports some noise issues. 9 is probably the better choice between the two.

Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you'll have fun.

On the Jewel, the shops are on Deck 7 aft so it shouldn't cause a noise problem. On the other Jewel class ships there's a lounge on Deck 7.

My two recent cruises have been in the SF cabins.

My 6' tall son son slept on the pullout last January and said it was fine. On our second cruise, I slept very comfortably on it also.

Have a great cruise!

Tracy

Does an SF offer much different than a mini suite as far as room goes? We usually are balcony or mini, but have booked a deck 10 SF on the Dawn. Did Cagneys for breakfast and lunch and the other bennies make up enough difference to off set price difference between it and a mini? Feel like I need to try it at least once.

Does an SF offer much different than a mini suite as far as room goes? We usually are balcony or mini, but have booked a deck 10 SF on the Dawn. Did Cagneys for breakfast and lunch and the other bennies make up enough difference to off set price difference between it and a mini? Feel like I need to try it at least once.

In our opinion, there's no other way to go than in a true suite. The suites are usually much larger all around, and come with benefits you can't equal. The Cagney's breakfast/lunch is an oasis of peaceful dining and good food. Butler service is wonderful, and we use the concierge for assistance with all our reservations for dining and shore excursions.

Priority boarding and disembarkation make those processes quick and painless at the home port. Priority on the lines in the ports of call makes that process quick and painless too.

In short, we're spoiled by the suite life, and really won't cruise any other way. But that's us - there are certainly people who don't feel it's worth the money and would rather spend their money elsewhere. That's fine, it's all about choice.

I'd say you need to try the suite life once and decide for yourself.

On the Jewel, the shops are on Deck 7 aft so it shouldn't cause a noise problem. On the other Jewel class ships there's a lounge on Deck 7.

Thanks for that tip. I wouldn't think there would be a noise issue with the shops at all.

If it was a choice between deck 8 & 9 I'd choose deck 8. The balconies as a little bigger than on deck 9.

For the deck 8 penthouses, between 8130, 8630 & 8632 would any of these be any better than the others? I notice that the deck plans make it look like the "end" penthouses (8130 & 8630) have a little more of a curve in the balcony which might make it slightly smaller. Also what is in the white space by these cabins? Maybe a crew stairwell?

For the deck 8 penthouses, between 8130, 8630 & 8632 would any of these be any better than the others? I notice that the deck plans make it look like the "end" penthouses (8130 & 8630) have a little more of a curve in the balcony which might make it slightly smaller. Also what is in the white space by these cabins? Maybe a crew stairwell?

I think the white space on the plans is crew stairwell. The time we were on the "outside" cabin the balcony did seem a bit smaller because of the curve.

In our opinion, there's no other way to go than in a true suite. The suites are usually much larger all around, and come with benefits you can't equal. The Cagney's breakfast/lunch is an oasis of peaceful dining and good food. Butler service is wonderful, and we use the concierge for assistance with all our reservations for dining and shore excursions.

Priority boarding and disembarkation make those processes quick and painless at the home port. Priority on the lines in the ports of call makes that process quick and painless too.

In short, we're spoiled by the suite life, and really won't cruise any other way. But that's us - there are certainly people who don't feel it's worth the money and would rather spend their money elsewhere. That's fine, it's all about choice.

I'd say you need to try the suite life once and decide for yourself.

Is there any benefit for the evening meal or only for breakfast and lunch?

Archived