Caribbean Princess

Bsanr

Thought I saw it was going for drydock in November 2013.

Sorry, I was wrong...confusing it with another ship we were looking at booking. Anyone know what was done in the 2011 dry dock? I know they had major engine problems in March 2012 that required cancellations.

All Princess ships go into dry or wet dock every 2-3 years for general mechanical and electronic maintenance and updating, just as you take your car in for a tune-up and/or update your GPS. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong or there's a problem.

Here's why I think this...we are sailing on the Caribbean Princess in November. Currently when I log in to see the deck plans it asks me for "pre April 2013" or Post April 2013. That usually is a good sign they are changing some things.

The difference is that the cabins are being recategorized on all the Princess ships beginning next spring. The deck plans pre-April 2013 show the current cabin categories. The post April show the new cabin categories. There are no physical changes and it has nothing to do with drydock.

Archived