Oasis vs Disney Fantasy

Anyone here have any experience on both by chance?

We are late 30's couple with a 16yr old. The ports of call on the Disney Fantasy definitely look better but the Oasis is the bigger ship and might have more to do for folks our age.

Thoughts?

We are looking at Sept 29th.

Anyone here have any experience on both by chance?

We are late 30's couple with a 16yr old. The ports of call on the Disney Fantasy definitely look better but the Oasis is the bigger ship and might have more to do for folks our age.

Thoughts?

We are looking at Sept 29th.

Most 16yr old's are going to MUCH prefer Oasis to Disney as there are many more exciting activities aboard Oasis for them....I can't even get my 14yr old to go on Disney anymore.

Having done both the Oasis and Fantasy I would definately say Oasis for a 16 year old. We did Oasis March 2011 and Fantasy May 2012.

The only pool on Fantasy for your 16 year old is the Mickey or Donald which will be crowded with very little kids.

Definate downfall to Disney was the pools.

As for the shows they are appealing to adult (who like Disney) and to young children.

Good luck

Missy

Thanks guys.

The only downside we see to the Oasis and RC is the nickel and diming. We didn't like that part on our previous 2 RC cruises and hear its worrse on the Oasis.

Decisions Decisions....the Disney is going to be flooded with kids

Thanks guys.

The only downside we see to the Oasis and RC is the nickel and diming. We didn't like that part on our previous 2 RC cruises and hear its worrse on the Oasis.

Decisions Decisions....the Disney is going to be flooded with kids

Just keep in mind that I bet the price is less on Oasis....so still plenty room for extras;)

BTW....that Sept 29 Oasis sailing is currently having C&A sale ......CHEAP CHEAP sailing for Oasis;) I am going to have to bet it's blowing Disney out of the water price wise.

Whats C&A?

I have them both right now at the exact same price actually.

I sailed on the Fantasy earlier this month and loved it. I am booked for the Oasis next year. I have 3 rooms booked on the Oasis for the same price that I had for 2 on the Fantasy (same number of people though.) The Oasis rooms are much smaller than the ones we had on the Fantasy (172 sq ft versus 250) so I figured we needed the extra room. The only reason the prices are comparable for me, however, is because Disney had some great Verandah Guarantee rates this summer.

A few things I will miss about Disney- you don't have to pay extra for soda, they provide pool towels that you don't have to check out or worry about returning and being charged for, the ship is classically designed and feels like a ship, and the theming is awesome. Disney has some wonderful clubs, including the teen club which looks amazing, but my children didn't want to go to them. The rotational dining was really nice- you get to experience different restaurants but still have the same dining team. The bars on the Fantasy are gorgeous and a lot of fun. I also enjoyed the shows.

That being said, the design of the Oasis is very interesting and I liked that we won't have to travel up and down long hallways to get from one side of the ship to the other. Hopefully my kids will find plenty to do.

I sailed on the Fantasy earlier this month and loved it. I am booked for the Oasis next year. I have 3 rooms booked on the Oasis for the same price that I had for 2 on the Fantasy (same number of people though.) The Oasis rooms are much smaller than the ones we had on the Fantasy (172 sq ft versus 250) so I figured we needed the extra room. The only reason the prices are comparable for me, however, is because Disney had some great Verandah Guarantee rates this summer.

A few things I will miss about Disney- you don't have to pay extra for soda, they provide pool towels that you don't have to check out or worry about returning and being charged for, the ship is classically designed and feels like a ship, and the theming is awesome. Disney has some wonderful clubs, including the teen club which looks amazing, but my children didn't want to go to them. The rotational dining was really nice- you get to experience different restaurants but still have the same dining team. The bars on the Fantasy are gorgeous and a lot of fun. I also enjoyed the shows.

That being said, the design of the Oasis is very interesting and I liked that we won't have to travel up and down long hallways to get from one side of the ship to the other. Hopefully my kids will find plenty to do.

While cabins on Oasis will tend to be smaller than those on Disney....I do believe that the SQ'age that Disney quotes includes the balcony....where Royal's does not.

I have been on Oasis and the Disney Dream.....and I think there would be more activities on Oasis for your 16 year old. Now if your daughter was a mature 18 year old and loved all things Disney....it might be a different story because she could then get away from the little kids by hanging out with you in the adult only areas.

edit to add....looks like I am assuming your 16 year old is a daughter.....I think a son would prefer Oasis at any age as there are more sports oriented activities.

Guess you found the pricing I was talking about....ENJOY!

I didn't see any C&A discounts and we have been on 2 RCI and 1 Celebrity. I guess we will have to ask about that onboard or something. It ended up being about $2400 for a balcony room for 3 people. Does that sound like the deal? Apparently it was a good deal according to the agent at Costco when we booked it. :confused:

That price seems reasonable.

The best way to avoid the "nickel and dimed" feeling on Oasis is to come prepared. There are a lot of really detailed reviews of the ship on CC. I wish I knew about CC before I boarded!

If you aren't a C &A member, you might want to call up and find out about signing up prior to. You'd get a coupon book, which may help out in regards to expenses. It's not sooo much, but I've found that there's usually small discounts for things that I already planned on spending/doing, like a discount on the Internet, and on spa services . Every little bit helps.

Enjoy your cruise :D!

That price seems reasonable.

The best way to avoid the "nickel and dimed" feeling on Oasis is to come prepared. There are a lot of really detailed reviews of the ship on CC. I wish I knew about CC before I boarded!

If you aren't a C &A member, you might want to call up and find out about signing up prior to. You'd get a coupon book, which may help out in regards to expenses. It's not sooo much, but I've found that there's usually small discounts for things that I already planned on spending/doing, like a discount on the Internet, and on spa services . Every little bit helps.

Enjoy your cruise :D!

Apparently we don't have enough points with RC yet or whatever. WE have only cruised with them 2x. We did get a $300 credit back from Costco however for booking through them so thats cool.

Apparently we don't have enough points with RC yet or whatever. WE have only cruised with them 2x. We did get a $300 credit back from Costco however for booking through them so thats cool.

If you haven't joined yet, but have the documentation from your two previous cruises, you can go online and sign up for the Crown&Anchor society. Depending on when you cruised, you should be about halfway to the Platinum level (where the good discounts start) but evan as a Gold member, the coupon book you get on board provides some perks.

If you are already a member, you can go online anytime and check your status and completed cruises.

Archived