Poor Valor Cruisers..<3

serene56

We are sailing next weekend and are keeping our fingers crossed that our careful planning will not be wasted, but we know sailing during hurricane season we are gambling. We have talked about it and are determined to have a wonderful time no matter what. That being said we bought good insurance, and have a good supply of sea sick meds ready to go.

Carnival Valor has announced that it will replace its scheduled call in Curaçao today with a sea day. Valor is headed for the Bahamas and will call in at Nassau on Saturday. Though there are other ships in the region, no further itinerary changes have been announced at this time. Carnival Liberty, which departed Puerto Rico yesterday, could be affected by the storm.

Copied and pasted off the home board.

If Aruba is out of the hurricane belt how can it be playing havoc with Curacao?

Can you imagine booking a cruise to go to Curacao and finding you are going to the Bahamas???

I understand why they are doing it but that really sucks.

Would be disappointed but understand. Did this itinerary earlier this year and thinking of doing it again on the Breeze in a year or two.

Carnival Valor has announced that it will replace its scheduled call in Curaçao today with a sea day. Valor is headed for the Bahamas and will call in at Nassau on Saturday. Though there are other ships in the region, no further itinerary changes have been announced at this time. Carnival Liberty, which departed Puerto Rico yesterday, could be affected by the storm.

Copied and pasted off the home board.

If Aruba is out of the hurricane belt how can it be playing havoc with Curacao?

Can you imagine booking a cruise to go to Curacao and finding you are going to the Bahamas???

I booked a cruise to Curaçao, Aruba, and the Bahamas I February.

We didn't stop anywhere we just floated around the ocean for 5 days.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many years ago there was a cruise at this time of year from the NY/NJ area going to Bermuda that, when arriving at the port, guests were advised they were going to Canada because of a hurricane out in the Atlantic.

Ouch.

I remember that. It was July 24, 2005. I was on the Norwegian Crown from NY to Bermuda. Our captain continued to Bermuda. We had one rough night. I was trying to sleep, listening to the waves beat against the ship; hoping my 1st time cruiser husband didn't hear the waves. He said "You've got to be kidding! Of course I heard them"

No, that would suck.

I would imagine that there will be at least one, maybe more, threads next week from a new cruiser irate over this.

Hopefully, while we know the likely outcome with Carnival, they don't get raked over the coals for venting.

I would be disappointed as well....If my cruise changed from Curacao/Southern to Bahamas I would wind up totally changing my mindset and have "Serenity Deck Excursions" by staying on the ship ;)

We were on the Miracle out of NYC in 2008 when our Caribbean cruise took us to Newport, RI.!!!! There was a protest from many passengers about the port changes.

One of our best cruises yet - sometimes you just have to roll with the punches :-)

I think they're trying to avoid having to come back from Curacao through the storm area...

This happened a couple of years ago with a cruise going from NY to the Caribbean. There was almost a mutiny on the ship. There was nothing the cruiseline could do...there were 3 hurricanes in a row heading across toward FL and no way to get below them.

I was on that cruise. We ended up in Newport, RI. Now, personally, I love Newport so I was ok but most of the passengers went ballistic. Plus, there was quite the fight between passengers and the Captain. The Captain was obnoxious so that didn't help the situation. The best part is that I am gong on the same cruise this September--here's hoping we don't have deja vu!!

Ship, ocean, amenities... I don't care where it ends up. (Notwithstanding hundreds of hours spent in preparation, obsessively researching and planning activities in all of the ports!)

This is one of those situations where you simply have to adjust your expectations and make the best of it. For your own happiness.

Humans are capable of grinding their own morale down to nothing by grousing over events that are often out of anyone's control. But we're also capable, sorry for the cliche, of turning lemons into lemonade.

I think they're trying to avoid having to come back from Curacao through the storm area...

This happened a couple of years ago with a cruise going from NY to the Caribbean. There was almost a mutiny on the ship. There was nothing the cruiseline could do...there were 3 hurricanes in a row heading across toward FL and no way to get below them.

We were on that ship. People acted awful. There is a Vedio on u tube. Captain was great , had beautiful weather in rhode island and sea days. U

Need to realize anything can happen. Right now I have a broken ankle and a canceled med cruise no insurance for trip my fault. So I will be in surgery and not boarding the breeze.

Bia

I know--lol we leave for Aruba this weekend. and it kinda freaked me out when I read this ship was not going to Curacao because of the weather.

Your jumping juggler is the cutest moniker? what do you call it? that I have seen. It makes me smile every time I do see it.

I don't think these are "poor Valor Cruisers". I think they are lucky that they didn't have to endure going through a storm(hurricane?) on the way home. Can you imagine the sea sickness? Disappointed they didn't get to go to their last port but people need to count their blessings.

I know--lol we leave for Aruba this weekend. and it kinda freaked me out when I read this ship was not going to Curacao because of the weather.

Ive spent about 6 months vacationing in Aruba over the past 10 years and the island DOES get impacted by hurricanes. Rare but does happen. Once the waves were so big people were surfing. And all the beach chairs were swept into the ocean.

I was on that cruise. We ended up in Newport, RI. Now, personally, I love Newport so I was ok but most of the passengers went ballistic. Plus, there was quite the fight between passengers and the Captain. The Captain was obnoxious so that didn't help the situation. The best part is that I am gong on the same cruise this September--here's hoping we don't have deja vu!!

Some of the most entertaining threads ever.

I would have to laugh if my cruise got diverted to Canada! Even having grown up a few hours from the boarder I've never been and DH and I keep talking about taking a trip. I suggested taking a cruise and he thought that would be silly since we could just drive there! :p

Maybe I'd feel different if it wasn't my first cruise, but if we end up getting diverted somewhere I'll just be happy to be safe and still on vacation.

I would have to laugh if my cruise got diverted to Canada! Even having grown up a few hours from the boarder I've never been and DH and I keep talking about taking a trip. I suggested taking a cruise and he thought that would be silly since we could just drive there! :p

Maybe I'd feel different if it wasn't my first cruise, but if we end up getting diverted somewhere I'll just be happy to be safe and still on vacation.

As a side note here, this made me chuckle. I grew up in Maine, also never got over the border. I guess that would get me there.:D

Archived