Carnival is doing this on purpose.

pinkmaija

I am now convinced Carnival knows I am checking 3-5x a day for my cabin assignment and is purposely not giving us a room to drive me crazy. :p:confused:;):rolleyes::o

if you don't have a room assignment, i assume you booked guarantee... and if so, that guarantees the lowest category cabin for the type you book... and in which case they are likely trying to sell the room you expect to get (lowest cat, lowest cost). typically works to your advantage :)

17 days out from mine. I have a suite guarantee, and I noticed the suites are sold out. I called today to see if my room had been assigned, and I was told it may not happen until the day I get to the ship.

Hoping for good things... good luck on yours!

Pay the money....get a confirmed stateroom in advance....do not whine if you allow Carnival to select your stateroom or you wait till the last minute to book...just be HAPPY you are on a cruise...lol

Pay the money....get a confirmed stateroom in advance....do not whine if you allow Carnival to select your stateroom or you wait till the last minute to book...just be HAPPY you are on a cruise...lol

I don't think OP was really whining about it...

On our very first cruise, in 2003, we booked an ocean view guarantee. We headed to the port still not having a cabin. Found out at check-in that we had gotten an upgrade to a balcony on deck 8! It was worth the wait. :D

The only other time we booked a guarantee we found out our cabin from the porter when we dropped off our suitcases.

On our very first cruise, in 2003, we booked an ocean view guarantee. We headed to the port still not having a cabin. Found out at check-in that we had gotten an upgrade to a balcony on deck 8! It was worth the wait. :D

The only other time we booked a guarantee we found out our cabin from the porter when we dropped off our suitcases.

Uh. How in the world would the guy taking your bags know your cabin?

Didn't mean to whine. Just impatient and ridiculously excited. :D

You weren't whining!!!

I know a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago you used to be able to find out what your assigned room is by trying to buy something for your stateroom, you didn't have to finish the order but the stateroom number pops up. I don't think it works anymore but what the heck??? Worth a try???

Have an awesome cruise, we are NOLA bound on 9/6 and heading out to sea on Conquest on the 9th woo hoooooooo!!

Carole

Uh. How in the world would the guy taking your bags know your cabin?

Back in the day.....when we used to get documents and luggage tags mailed to us....If you booked a GTY you received TBA tags. When you got to the pier the Porters actually had a manifest/list and would look up your cabin deck and # and then give you the correct color/deck tags to put on your luggage.

Back in the day.....when we used to get documents and luggage tags mailed to us....If you booked a GTY you received TBA tags. When you got to the pier the Porters actually had a manifest/list and would look up your cabin deck and # and then give you the correct color/deck tags to put on your luggage.

Weird. How long ago was that?

I've never booked a GTY, but just curious.

I got my cabin assignment so late once, I had to go through most of the embarkation process with someone else's DOCS. Their name was crossed off and mine was handwritten in.:D All the way up to getting my Sail'n'Sign card and the photo taken I had lost my identity. :rolleyes:

Would do it again in a heartbeat. I was upgraded to an oceanview. However, I did have to go to my original cabin to pick up my luggage. Worth it. :)

Weird. How long ago was that?

I've never booked a GTY, but just curious.

Maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I always booked SOLO and LAST MINUTE in those days and frequently didn't know my cabin until the PORTER, reading off the manifest, told me and put the proper tags on my luggage.

God, those were great days ! ! :D

i think the senior management of carnival is doing this to you on purpose. Smell a conspiracy

right?? I bet jh has something to do with this! ;):p

yep, he gave you a great cabin, then went into surgery and forgot to tell anyone :d:rolleyes::eek:

BRILLIANT!!!:d

Archived