Sports Equipment?

geekybiker

Anyone know Oceania policy on allowing sporting equipment to be brought on board? Their policy online seems very vague. I practice kendo (Kind of like Japanese fencing). What I need to bring on is basically a bamboo stick about 40" long. No more dangerous than something like a golf club (Its actually less solid as its designed specifically not to hurt people). I would love to be able to practice up on deck on sea days, but I don't want the hassle of hauling it to the port and being told that I can't bring it on.

I would contact Oceania and ask them

I do not know where you would use such an item without interfering with other guests or them walking by as you are practising:(

Sounds like it could be dangerous

JMO but I would check with the cruise line

Lyn

I would contact Oceania and ask them

I do not know where you would use such an item without interfering with other guests or them walking by as you are practising:(

Sounds like it could be dangerous

JMO but I would check with the cruise line

Lyn

Well most ships I've been on have had a basketball/volleyball court that is netted and would be perfect. Either that or the upper most decks well above the pool level tend to be deserted. Its possible there wouldn't a space where it was possible without disturbing others. As for danger- Less so than a golf driving range which many ship have. Heck one cruise ship apparently offered fencing lessons as part of its activities. Its just a matter of finding an appropriate space.

In any case I was hoping people had experience bringing other sporting equipment on like their golf clubs, etc. Or heck, a hiking pole might be good analogue that some people have brought on.

Heck one cruise ship apparently offered fencing lessons as part of its activities. Its just a matter of finding an appropriate space.

In any case I was hoping people had experience bringing other sporting equipment on like their golf clubs, etc. Or heck, a hiking pole might be good analogue that some people have brought on.

I guess that that is what I was trying to say ..not sure where you would find the space ;)

Not many people would use their golf clubs or hiking poles on deck would they :confused::confused:

Oceania would be the place to check

Lyn

Archived