In 2014, which one would you do for the "ultimate" cruise vacation?

BugsyCruiser

Which "ultimate" cruise would take?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which "ultimate" cruise would take?

• B2B on Allure or Oasis
    • Holy Land aboard Celebrity Silhouette
    • Alaska cruisetour on either Princess or RCCL
    • 10 or 11 night ultimate Caribbean aboard Celebrity Equinox
    • B2B Caribbean: southern on Crown Princess, then eastern on the Royal
    • Bermuda aboard NCL Breakaway or Celebrity Summit

Now you're talking!!!:D These seem like "ultimate" cruise vacations! IMHO, the Caribbean is just what you throw in when there's not enough time to do a "good" cruise!;)

We've done Hawaii, but will do it again.... it was great, especially cruising by the lava flows at night!!!! Panama Canal is scheduled for March. The rest are on our bucket list, but will have to wait a few years until DH retires.

Well if I could have added them to the poll I would. In October when I go aboard Oasis this will only be my third cruise so I'm still a "novice" :D

I was just trying to think up what I would enjoy if I could take a longer cruise in a couple of years

Much better list. Our next cruise is a Panama full transit. No idea if that's our "ultimate". We did Hawaii (first cruise) on the now defunct American Hawaiian Cruises - a week long cruise around the islands followed by a week after on Oahu. Great experience.

We want to do the others on your list, we just got to wait until I can accumulate enough vacation and money.

To make the cruise more ultimate, add some days before and/or after. Going to Hawaii? Add a week on one of the islands. If I had to do it again, I'd pick Maui. Australia? Easily add a week on land, maybe go to New Zealand. Even for Panama - Get to FLL (or wherever) early and visit the Everglades; stay a few extra days at San Diego, see the zoo or whatever interests you.

Much better list. Our next cruise is a Panama full transit. No idea if that's our "ultimate". We did Hawaii (first cruise) on the now defunct American Hawaiian Cruises - a week long cruise around the islands followed by a week after on Oahu. Great experience.

We want to do the others on your list, we just got to wait until I can accumulate enough vacation and money.

To make the cruise more ultimate, add some days before and/or after. Going to Hawaii? Add a week on one of the islands. If I had to do it again, I'd pick Maui. Australia? Easily add a week on land, maybe go to New Zealand. Even for Panama - Get to FLL (or wherever) early and visit the Everglades; stay a few extra days at San Diego, see the zoo or whatever interests you.

Australia is great and you really need as much time as can get to explore. We were there for a month land tour (using an air pass from Qantas) and only just started to see this beautiful and very large country. We flew for 3 hours or more from Alice Springs to Adelaide and from the airplane you could see for miles below and not a single road, tree, powerline, train track, sign of human life. That is what I call vast! We hope to do New Zealand on a small boat without going to Australia first -- perhaps with the line that we call Australian Princess (nothing to do with Princess we know or P/O) that we took for Great Barrier Reef cruise. Waiting for Christ Church to get back from the earthquake.

Hi there. Ok here are the other ones I would have added:

1. Panama Canal transit

2. Transatlantic, either from Fort Lauderdale to Europe or the other way around

3. Norwegian Fjords

4. Hawaii: not a roundtrip from Honolulu, but like from LA or San Francisco

5. Australia...although the thought of being on a plane for a long time to get there is kind of a turn off. I love Sydney and Melbourne but that 15 hours from LA to there was a real drag too

#1. We are doing 116 days world cruise on Queen Victoria in 2014. I am looking forward to going through Panama Canal, then Chile, Cape Horn, Rio de Janeiro, Montevideo, Buenos Aires. I have never been to this part of the world. I am very excited.

Also, we are doing 120 days world cruise on Queen Mary 2 next year. We leave from New York to Southampton. Then come back from Southhampton to New York.

Happy crusing

M

Archived