Splendour of Seas

Scampyman123

My wife and I are in our 60's and going on our first cruise on SoS out of Venice on 29 Sept. Can anyone tell me if there are tea / coffee making facilities in Superior Balcony cabin on deck 7. If not can you take a travel kettle on board ?

Any information on deck 7 (cabin 7504) or advice / tips on this cruise would be welcome.

The last time I was on Splendour there were no kettles in the cabins. AFAIK only Independence of the Seas has the kettles.

And, while kettles are not on the forbidden list I suspect that they'll be considered coffee makers and not allowed:

Prohibited items:

-Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.-Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)

-Illegal Drugs & Substances-Candles & Incense

-Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates

-Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows-Illegal Drugs-Skateboards & Surfboards

-Martial Arts Gear-Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.

-Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.

-HAM Radios

-Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.

-Alcoholic Beverages (Note: Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

The last time I was on Splendour there were no kettles in the cabins. AFAIK only Independence of the Seas has the kettles.

And, while kettles are not on the forbidden list I suspect that they'll be considered coffee makers and not allowed:

Prohibited items:

-Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.-Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)

-Illegal Drugs & Substances-Candles & Incense

-Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates

-Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows-Illegal Drugs-Skateboards & Surfboards

-Martial Arts Gear-Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.

-Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.

-HAM Radios

-Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.

-Alcoholic Beverages (Note: Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

Thanks for your reply. As a kettle is not specifically on the banned list I think I will chance taking one and if it is not allowed on board then it's not the end of the world.

Jim

No kettles in any cabin, but they do have tea making facilities in the buffet area and you can always do room service for tea.

Thanks for your reply. As a kettle is not specifically on the banned list I think I will chance taking one and if it is not allowed on board then it's not the end of the world.

Jim

Jim

Anything with a heating element is banned-except for curling irons and hair dryers. Please, don't take your own kettle. The electrical systems on older ships, such as Splendour, do not handle things like kettles well, and can start electrical fires. There are reasons why things like irons and kettles are banned, and that's for passenger safety.

Anything with a heating element is banned-except for curling irons and hair dryers. Please, don't take your own kettle. The electrical systems on older ships, such as Splendour, do not handle things like kettles well, and can start electrical fires. There are reasons why things like irons and kettles are banned, and that's for passenger safety.

Thanks Darcie,

I will take your advice and leave the kettle at home.

Jim

Archived