Culinary demos on short cruises?

kamilli

Does anyone know if Hal does their traditional culinary demos and/or classes on their shorter (3night) cruises?
We did a 3-day PNW cruise on Statendam in May. They offered culinary demos on all 3 days - you had to be pretty quick to attend on embarkation day! There were no paid cooking classes on our particular voyage. YMMV.

It depends.

We were on a repositioning cruise (several of them) that started in Ft Lauderdale and ended in Seattle. People got on in San Diego and we did not have any cooking demonstrations. In fact -- there wasn't much going on the last few days of the cruises.

You may luck out and have one or more.

• 4 weeks later...

Mighty Quinn, how was that cruise? I was on the waiting list but never got on. :( Thinking about trying another short one with HAL next May. I've been on one short cruise before, but it was a long time ago, and my very first cruise, so I couldn't compare it to anything at the time. I've heard that oftentimes, there isn't a lot going on on the ships during the shorter ones.

Archived