Flounder Reef Nursery on the Magic

MariahJ

What is the ratio of adults to children in the nursery for the little ones? My DD is 2 and has only been in a 1:1 care environment, never group childcare. I'm really nervous about whether she'll stay there. I assume they are experienced with this sort of thing and can distract her for a while?

I also want them to call me to get her if she is unhappy. I know a lot of parents wouldn't mind their kids crying for a while but I'm not comfortable with that. Can I trust that they will call me immediately if she is unhappy?

I do not know specifically about DCL but guess they will be at least as qualified as CCL camp counselors. Prior to cruising with the kids on CCL a few years back I asked CCL about their staff requirements. The youth program director must have a degree in education or a similar discipline and the counselors must have a minimum of so many years (sorry I forgot how many) of ecperience working in a youth program or camp counselor. If this is what CCL alledgedly requires you can bet the reputation of DCL would require a bit more.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Here's some information on qualifications from dcljobs.com:

MANAGER, YOUTH ACTIVITIES

REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum five years experience in a high-volume child care operation in a recreational or leisure setting. Minimum four years of current or previous management experience in a related field. Proven experience leading and motivating a large team including management of other leaders. Proven experience managing complex policies and detailed operational procedures. College degree or related schooling associated with recreation, education, entertainment or related field of study strongly preferred. Demonstrated experience organizing and prioritizing team goals and a proven ability to manage a budget.

YOUTH ACTIVITIES MANAGER

REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum four years experience in a high-volume child care operation in a recreational or leisure setting. Minimum three years of current or previous management experience in a related field. Proven experience leading and motivating a large team. Proven experience managing complex policies and detailed operational procedures.

Youth Activities Counselor (Bi-Lingual Spanish)

REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum two years recent experience working in a high volume, fast paced recreational/camp environment with children. Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills. Must be able to command the attention of large groups of children. Schooling in recreation, education, or related field of study is preferred.

Archived