Barcelona disembarkment-time to get to airport?

lgfromdg

Would like some advice for anyone who has disembarked in Barcelona and headed home the same day? The Epic gets into Barcelona at 5:00am on a Sunday morning - accounting for clearing customs, time needed to disembark (we can either use priority disembarkation or walk-off) travel time to airport plus going through airport security, do you think we can catch a 10:15am flight home?

We are flying in to Barcelona and do not want to add time at the end of the cruise if at all possible and this is only flight that day. What do you think?

We did a walk off on the Jade, had an pre-arranged ride to the airport and were there 1 hour before the Delta check in opened for a 10:30 flight to New York. The early morning arrival is designed to allow people to get to flights back to North American which generally leave in the morning.

We were easily at the airport by 7:30 for a 10:25 a.m. flight and didn't rush to get off the ship. Cabs are plentiful as you disembark and it's not a long ride to the airport.

Since this is a current "today" thread....not from like 2007... How much will [or should] a cab cost from the port in Barcelona to the airport? I am sailing Venice to Barcelona on the NCL Spirit.

HLR

Since this is a current "today" thread....not from like 2007... How much will [or should] a cab cost from the port in Barcelona to the airport? I am sailing Venice to Barcelona on the NCL Spirit.

HLR

http://www.taxibarcelona.cat/Portals/0/pdfs/Adhesiu%20TARIFES%202012%20ok.pdf

So around €30, you get fixed fare plus €1 per bag supplement plus cruise port supplement plus airport supplement

my advice is carry off your won bags

if you finishing on a sunday there should be no traffic so it will be a 15 min trip to the airport about 25 euro plus baggage and port tax if ur there 1-1/2 hours before load of time we travel all the time from europe to usa and visa versa and we always find thats load of time

• 4 years later...

Epic arrives at BCN at 5:00 am and the flight we want to book leaves BCN at 6:40 am. Will that be enough time to disembark (walk off with our own luggage) and get to the airport, go through security and don't lose our flight? Newbies in Europe!

Epic arrives at BCN at 5:00 am and the flight we want to book leaves BCN at 6:40 am. Will that be enough time to disembark (walk off with our own luggage) and get to the airport, go through security and don't lose our flight? Newbies in Europe!

Okay, it is possible, and people do it. No way in hell would I try it.

Get in line to leave. Good news - very few people will leave this early.

Get off ship - less people quick off, assuming the port clears the ship.

Get taxi - no idea how many are there that early. They surely are not dropping anyone off.

Get to airport - this is easy

Check bags - never know

Get through security - our last trip - not too bad

Get to gate - not sure where you are flying too. Airport not too big

Board before they close the door

Is that really your only flight option?

What are you back up flight options if you miss it -and they will let you take the later flight?

No, you won't make that flight. You will have to go through pass control and security and you need to be checked-in at least an hour before departure. If you dock at 5 am how can you be at the airport an hour before your flight time?

We have debarked twice in Barcelona and you will be lucky to be able to get off the ship by 6:30 let alone catch a 6:40 am flight.

No. You will watch your plane fly overhead as you wait to disembark.

In addition to what others have replied to you, it is also important to know that for long-distance flights (eg. from Europe to USA), the check-in counters including bag drop at the airport closes 1 hour before departure for most airlines.

Thanks everyone for your responses! I can see now that is impossible! That's the only flight that will have us return to USA in time to get back to work. Asking for more vacation days is in order! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, you won't make that flight. You will have to go through pass control and security and you need to be checked-in at least an hour before departure. If you dock at 5 am how can you be at the airport an hour before your flight time?

Didn't know that! Valuable info! I think I will just plan to ask for more vacation days! Thanks!

Okay, it is possible, and people do it. No way in hell would I try it.

Get in line to leave. Good news - very few people will leave this early.

Get off ship - less people quick off, assuming the port clears the ship.

Get taxi - no idea how many are there that early. They surely are not dropping anyone off.

Get to airport - this is easy

Check bags - never know

Get through security - our last trip - not too bad

Get to gate - not sure where you are flying too. Airport not too big

Board before they close the door

Is that really your only flight option?

What are you back up flight options if you miss it -and they will let you take the later flight?

Yeap! Too risky! I rather face being late at work! Thanks!!!

In addition to what others have replied to you, it is also important to know that for long-distance flights (eg. from Europe to USA), the check-in counters including bag drop at the airport closes 1 hour before departure for most airlines.

Yeap! That makes it virtually impossible! Won't make it by 5:40 am.