new to princess...lotus pool

searoses

no extra fees? think i will like princess!! what about the comfy loungers i can see on the next level? can anyone use those?

There are no extra fees for the pool. The loungers above are in the extra fee "Sanctuary" area. The Lotus pool has a swim-against-the-current feature, if you want a little exercise--it was actually turned on during our recent Ruby Grand Med cruise. :)

Be aware that the Lotus pool area is enclosed and the chlorine fumes are quite strong. Anyone with lung disease like emphasema should avoid that area.

~Doris~

I had never thought of that, but you are quite right...

thank you so much. where is the terrace pool? the med is what i am considering in 2014. princess is about $1000 more pp...but has my dream itinerary. i have sailed the other lines with x being my fave. what does princess have that x doesn't for all that extra cash?

thank you so much. where is the terrace pool? the med is what i am considering in 2014. princess is about $1000 more pp...but has my dream itinerary. i have sailed the other lines with x being my fave. what does princess have that x doesn't for all that extra cash?

Honestly (depending on the ship) nothing that's not offset by something X has. Pricing is usually a matter of itinerary and supply and demand; when I compare, X is usually more expensive than Princess.

Be aware that the Lotus pool area is enclosed and the chlorine fumes are quite strong. Anyone with lung disease like emphasema should avoid that area.

~Doris~

The Lotus pool on the Ruby isn't enclosed at all - no chlorine fumes to worry about.

Archived