Newbie question...

Ok we have done the online thing and given the credit card for our account. I take it that is linked to our "sign and sail" card?

So here is my question:

We have some cash we are taking onboard and want to know if we can somehow put it on our "sign and sail" card?

I looked into funship dollars today but realized the 1 week rule and we are at one week starting tommorrow.

Any help is appreciated.

Being a typical consumer business, they will accept cash anytime you want to hand it over. Go down to the bursar/customer service desk at any time (open 24x7) and hand it over to put on your account. The last night at about midnight depending on the ship is the last time to hand over cash or change credit cards. After that they close out all accounts and bill according to what you put down to get the S&S card when you boarded. They are most happy to accomodate your wishes.

after you go through security you go to the next stop, the desk to get your S&S card where they check all your info and verify what credit card if any you want to have attached to your card.. you can change it there. but im almost positive its cash or credit. not both.. personaly id stick w the credit card.. no need to wait in the loooong line at the end of the trip to cash out your account.. and then its also still active to use the day of debarment.. just save the $$ and pay the card off after.

leave your credit card on the account..that way you do not have to line up the last night of the cruise to settle up

but you can still make payments anytime with cash on your account. you can also go to the service desk anytime and they will print out your bill

I have had lots of billing mistakes..especially one time I was getting somebody elses bar tab..so I normally do this on second last day so I am not dealing with this stuff on the morning of departure with 1500 other people

go Oilers

I was just on the Elation in April and it has a s&s kiosk where you can add cash to your account without going to guest services. There were two locations that had the kiosks. Very convenient and I think most ships have them now. You just set up a simple password after you swipe your card and then you have access to view your statement and print it out right at the kiosk. It is not an ATM. We boarded with our debit card assigned to our account but put cash as needed and debarked with just $12 billed to our debit card. No holds were ever put on card.

We always keep the credit card as our account throughout check in for convenience. And, the first day at guest services there will be long lines.

So, we wait until sometime mid-cruise & go pay cash on our account & let them charge the rest to our credit card.

You can pay it any way you want... all cash, part cash/part credit card, or even split it between 2 or more credit cards.

Like someone mentioned before, it's not closed out until the very last night of the cruise.

I was just on the Elation in April and it has a s&s kiosk where you can add cash to your account without going to guest services. There were two locations that had the kiosks. Very convenient and I think most ships have them now. You just set up a simple password after you swipe your card and then you have access to view your statement and print it out right at the kiosk. It is not an ATM. We boarded with our debit card assigned to our account but put cash as needed and debarked with just $12 billed to our debit card. No holds were ever put on card.

Can you use this machine for cash only instead of standing in line, or do you have to start with a credit card?

Does anyone know if they have these on Fascination?

The kiosks have a slot where you enter the cash. We entered various amounts and the machine accepted all of it from ones to one hundred dollar bills. I don't think it matters what type of payment you started with at check in. It will always accept your cash as payment and you still get a refund if you have a balance left.

Archived