Breeze or Liberty? Help Please. :)

NMIGAL

Hi everyone. I need some help deciding what to do! :) We took our first cruise this past winter on the Dream (Western Caribbean) and LOVED it! Now I am trying to plan our second cruise and keep going back and forth.

7 Day Liberty (459.00pp) Half moon cay

8 Day Breeze (649.00pp) St. Maarten (we would probably go to Maho beach)

Both go to Grand Turk, St. Thomas and San Juan

So my problem is 8 days on the Breeze sounds awesome but so does HMC!

What would you do? Any advise would be much appreciated.

Breeze has quite a few things Dream did not have. I would want Breeze and maybe get a little less expensive cabin.. the 8 day route is a goodie with better ports too.

Breeze has the new rope course, the red frog pub with the food and the italian at night option.. only Breeze and Magic have these features.

[quote name='firefly333']breeze has quite a few things dream did not have. I would want breeze and maybe get a little less expensive cabin.. The 8 day route is a goodie with better ports too.

Breeze has the new rope course, the red frog pub with the food and the italian at night option.. Only breeze and magic have these features.[/quote]

yes i vote for the breeze.

[quote name='amcjeep4life']Both![/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]Heck yeah![/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]See my signature below. DW and I are planning a "back to back" next year doing both ships. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]For the Liberty segment, we plan on diving in all four ports...Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Grand Cayman (gotta work off those Guy Fieri burgers somehow :D).[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]On the Breeze, we want to dive in (at least) Grand Turk and St. Thomas. For St. Maarten, I plan on hanging out on Maho Beach with both my digital camera [I]and[/I] video camera. Ever since I saw how low those approaches are, I've been wanting to experience this beach.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='jonbgd']I agree with STU

The Liberty has all the 2.0 enhancements and the Breeze since it is new is at a prmium price[/quote]

A lot of people dont seem to know the 2.0 Red Frog LOUNGE is just the bar, not the PUB that Breeze and Magic have.

To be honest .. so far, Im not personally impressed with 2.0 other than the burgers. A DJ and a lot of new bars.. unless you are a big drinkers.. Ill pass.

[B][COLOR="DarkOrange"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The Liberty is my favorite ship and we have sailed on her twice...plan on sailing on her again next year.

Now that being said...we have a b2b booked on the Breeze this Dec. for 14 nights.

Right now...I would have to do both also LOL.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

We had the same dilema. We chose the Liberty, due to the price and HMC. Since the Breeze date was its inaugaral cruise, the prices were sky high.

Our next year's cruise will certainly be on the Breeze, if we can!

Good Luck on your decision!
Catrin

[quote name='firefly333']A lot of people dont seem to know the 2.0 Red Frog LOUNGE is just the bar, not the PUB that Breeze and Magic have.

To be honest .. so far, Im not personally impressed with 2.0 other than the burgers. A DJ and a lot of new bars.. unless you are a big drinkers.. Ill pass.[/quote]

Your right(I had to look) Its just the Red frog rum bar on the lido no lounge. :o

But I didnt think the Magic has Guys burgers yet????

We are thinking of doing the Breeze next year after prices settle a little so we can try everything:D

[quote name='jonbgd']Your right(I had to look) Its just the Red frog rum bar on the lido no lounge. :o

But I didnt think the Magic has Guys burgers yet????

We are thinking of doing the Breeze next year after prices settle a little so we can try everything:D[/quote]

No, didnt say it had 2.0 .. but it has those 3 things that Dream doesnt have. Only Magic and Breeze have the rope course, the Italian night $12 pay dinner and the Red Frog Pub. Didnt say it had 2.0. I am looking forward to some things I missed last time.. Tandori is top of my list. Wish they made tacos and not just burrito wraps at the place next to Tandori.

Im going to be 2.0'd to death on Conquest, 3 booked within the next year.

(not counting the one next month the week before Magic before it gets 2.0).

Thank you for all the help! I actually booked the Liberty a couple weeks ago for Jan. 2014. I am one of those people who just likes to have it to look forward to no matter how long the wait. :) I have been blessed to stay at home with my kids so for now once every couple years is a stretch but I am trying! lol When booking I used Past guest so that I could still make changes (I plan on switching to early saver once we have purchased our airline tickets) which is how I stumbled upon the Breeze cruise in question.

This will be our first trip by ourselves with no kids so the 8 day Breeze will probably win but that price tag of 649.00pp for the cheapest room on the ship is hard to justify. Booking this far out we could get lucky and get some price drops but that is a gamble.

Thank you to everyone on cruise critic! This is where I come when I am bored or stressed or happy or actively planning which as you can imagine is probably hours every day!

[quote name='firefly333']No, didnt say it had 2.0 .. but it has those 3 things that Dream doesnt have. Only Magic and Breeze have the rope course, the Italian night $12 pay dinner and the Red Frog Pub. Didnt say it had 2.0. I am looking forward to some things I missed last time.. Tandori is top of my list. Wish they made tacos and not just burrito wraps at the place next to Tandori.

Im going to be 2.0'd to death on Conquest, 3 booked within the next year.

(not counting the one next month the week before Magic before it gets 2.0).[/quote]
I wasnt saying the Magic had the 2.0
I havnt been on the Magic yet so I was asking if it had Guys Burgers since I had never heard anyone talk about it.
I cant wait to try it on the Breeze

[quote name='jonbgd']I wasnt saying the Magic had the 2.0
I havnt been on the Magic yet so I was asking if it had Guys Burgers since I had never heard anyone talk about it.
I cant wait to try it on the Breeze[/quote]

OK, guess we are on different wave lengths. To me 2.0 = guys burgers.

I read Breeze will have all the 2.0 stuff since it was last built, it came with it.

Archived