Florence ~~ Vasari Corridor

dogs4fun

Florence ~ Tour of Vasari Corridor

Searched the Italy threads & couldn't find anything on the Vasari Corridor. :confused:

I'm pretty sure that someone on these boards must have experienced this tour.

Just wondering what you thought ... it is a tad pricey & I would greatly appreciate some feedback from fellow art lovers.

jill

I think the Corridor is closed for renovation.

I was lucky enough to see the self-portrait collection before the mafia bombed it. The Corridor itself as well as the art therein is still worth a visit.

I think the Corridor is closed for renovation.

I was lucky enough to see the self-portrait collection before the mafia bombed it. The Corridor itself as well as the art therein is still worth a visit.

How fortunate for you to have seen the collection before the destruction.

I read online that the portraits that were destroyed during the mafia bombing have been cobbled back together so that everyone gets a first hand look at the destruction such terrorist acts have upon art.

Isn't the self-portrait collection part of the corridor tour? One of the self-portraits shown on the ticketing site is of Vasari himself, so I am thinking that the self-portraits are part of the tour. I can make reservations online, so I am assuming that the Corridor is open ... or are we speaking of separate tours? I did read online on another site that the Corridor would close in 2010 for a 3 year renovation. Confusing!!

Archived