12 hours at Newark , Manhattan maybe

petlady7

Hi guys

We will be in Newark airport for approx 11 - 12 hours , have we got time to go into New York for a few hours and maybe do the hop on hop off bus tour and get back for our flights , I think so but would appreciate any info/ help

:D

What day of the week? What times of day? What time of year? What about your luggage?

Overall I don't see a problem other than luggage. Many folks commute into NYC an hour + each way and work 8 hours every day. Train for $25/pp rt would be your best option.

You can take a PATH train to either midtown or downtown from Newark airport, relatively quick, clean and cheap. The ride should be no more than 30 mins each way.

Hi guys

We will be in Newark airport for approx 11 - 12 hours , have we got time to go into New York for a few hours and maybe do the hop on hop off bus tour and get back for our flights , I think so but would appreciate any info/ help

:D

Unfortunately Path does not run from the airport. You have to get to Newark Penn Station to pick up Path and that is either a $8.25 train ride, an inexpensive local bus ride, or a cab. The quickest way to NY is the $12.50 NJTransit train ride.

Unfortunately Path does not run from the airport. You have to get to Newark Penn Station to pick up Path and that is either a $8.25 train ride, an inexpensive local bus ride, or a cab. The quickest way to NY is the $12.50 NJTransit train ride.

The NJTransit train goes to NY Penn Station correct?

Yes. If your destination is downtown NY, you should go to Newark Penn Station and take Path to the World Trade Center. Look at the transit maps. It is possible to do a big loop through NY going one way and returning the other.

Yes. If your destination is downtown NY, you should go to Newark Penn Station and take Path to the World Trade Center. Look at the transit maps. It is possible to do a big loop through NY going one way and returning the other.

I knew the PATH trains go downtown/WTC, I was wondering about the NJTransit train. Does the NJTransit train go to NY Penn Station?

I highly discourage you from doing a HOHO unless you stay on the bus the entire time and NOT get off. You need to go to Trip Advisor and read the reviews about these. You will not always get on these buses when you want to and there are very long wait times. This is not going to work since you have less than a day in the city. You also have to take into consideration time to get back to Newark and get through security and all that jazz.

Archived