ncl storm update

vols_159

here is the latest for the Sky sailing from miami tomorrow

Tropical Storm Update

Sunday, August 26, 2012 at 11:30 am ET

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. Therefore, the company continues to closely monitor the path of Tropical Storm Isaac which is currently forecasted to impact South Florida.

Norwegian Sky will delay her arrival into Miami on Monday, August 27. The ship is now expected to arrive between noon and 4 pm on Monday, depending on when the Port of Miami re-opens. Embarkation for guests on the ship’s four-day Bahamas cruise will now take place at 5 pm. Norwegian Sky is expected to depart at 10 pm and follow her existing itinerary.

We appreciate our guests’ understanding. If there is further information, we will update NCL.com and notify our guests.

The storm never turned into a hurricane when hitting Key west. THe path also moved more west. This is good news for Miami and things wont get that bad.

I just feel for the passengers who were flying out immediately after their cruise. But I have a hunch the port of Miami will be open tomorrow morning and the delay wont be as much as they expect. We shall see!

I also feel for those whose flights were the same day. I heard that over 700 flights have been canceled - hopefully that allows for some of those passengers. If not, hopefully the airlines are understanding! You'd think they would be..

Archived