Just off carnival Splendor, disappointed with in room TV channels

yamsi12

I was just talking about you on the post where have the oldies gone.. that I missed you when nunu was mentioned .. I said I miss your posts.

I though you might have been referring to me, but I didn't want to assume, 'cause usually I don't assume right, and then I end up looking like a fool.

I don't know how they decide, but when we were on the Destiny, the Olympics were shown on the big screen TV on the Lido deck! It will be one of my most favorite memories...watching so many people from different countries watching it together. I am sure the MLB playoffs would be shown in the sports bar, but other than that, I'm not sure when/where things would be shown. Have fun!

Too Bad. Going on the splendor 9/23 right before MLB playoffs and would like to know if the angels are in the series.

BTW when I went on the spirit in 2010 I did see the playoffs on the tv in the sports bar. So at one time they had the capacity to get more sports channels than ESPN deportes.

and even though this is our vacation I still like to see MLB on tv

last year when i was on freedom all they were showing was teh michael jackson court case lol... we did enjoy to come back to the room have coffee and cheese cake and watch the live shows while our kids were going to sleep.

OP, since no one else is telling you .. all ships have the same feed. It used to be out of Denver.. imagine being on your caribbean cruise to Mexico and seeing the ski reports.

I sail out of the gulf.. not Florida.. but think florida is a improvement myself over the old denver feed.

All ships get the same feed. Its a set price carnival pays for those channels.. its not something they can do by ship.

100% agree!!

I never did find our what happened with some sports bar that closed suddenly in Denver, or why it made the news for that matter!

We didnt spend much time in our room with the TV on, but when we did, ABC, NBC, Fox, etc were all florida feeds. Now I realize a lot of Carnival ships go out of Florida, but it got really old hearing about Hurricane Isaac all the time. Youd think carnival would have the Los Angeles feeds of ABC, NBC, Fox, etc. Plus no ESPN at all in the rooms? The only way to get sports scores was to go to the sports bar onboard and watch ESPN (which was in spanish BTW) ticker at the bottom of the screen. Having ESPN Deportes on all the tv screens in the bar probably accounted for the reason it was almost always empty. :(

Dude.....really??? this past April on a transatlantic cruise, we got Harry Potter movies in 3 or 4 LANGUAGES!!!

I love it how some people on here can be jerks when it comes to responses, and others just answer the question. Sports bar said all they had was ESPN Deportes. For the others yes Im on a cruise, yes it was a great time. Sometimes people do like to see whats going on with the world, check sports scores, etc. Not watch 3 channels covering Isaac and if the RNC will go on or not. On a side not they did have CNN domestic and CNN international, but they seemed to be showing the same stuff most of the time. The first day Boomerang was in english, but trhe last 6 it was all in spanish. But you'd think at the very least ESPN would be in the rooms so you could check scores, etc.

I'll turn on the TV in the morning or at night. If we hadn't turned on our tv during a cruise we would not have known about the tsunami in the Indian Ocean (2004) the London Underground Bombing in 2005 or the uprising in Egypt. We like to stay in touch even while on vacation. It's a good thing that they don't carry HGTV or I would be watching tv more. :o

Too Bad. Going on the splendor 9/23 right before MLB playoffs and would like to know if the angels are in the series.

BTW when I went on the spirit in 2010 I did see the playoffs on the tv in the sports bar. So at one time they had the capacity to get more sports channels than ESPN deportes.

and even though this is our vacation I still like to see MLB on tv

I am an Angels fan but I don't think you have to worry about them in the playoffs. They are playing themselves out of the race. Money can't buy a pennant Artie!

First off, I'm not sure why you would expect west coast feeds on the east coast. That doesn't make much sense cost wise. Second, the little time most people watch tv is at a minimum so it is really not an important issue. If local news is so important then the only way is internet.

If you want decent TV, don't ever cruise Celebrity. Their choices stink. All they give you is TBS and TNT Latin America version, ESPN Deportes that only shows tennis and rugby, Sky News, BBC News, and the US national news channels like CNN, Fox and CNBC. Forget any national networks---they don't have them.

First off, I'm not sure why you would expect west coast feeds on the east coast. That doesn't make much sense cost wise. Second, the little time most people watch tv is at a minimum so it is really not an important issue. If local news is so important then the only way is internet.

The Splendor sails out of Long Beach, Ca. West coast feeds would be a good idea.

believe it or not, thats better than RCL's tv channels. we sailed freedom of the seas, i was so happy one morning i found cbs and found the price is right, only to find out they show 10 minutes of it, turn it off and say "you are watching Royal caribbean CBS" and show some dumb as crap jennie mcarthy bs short movie. EVERY station!! you think you find something...nope

If you want decent TV, don't ever cruise Celebrity. Their choices stink. All they give you is TBS and TNT Latin America version, ESPN Deportes that only shows tennis and rugby, Sky News, BBC News, and the US national news channels like CNN, Fox and CNBC. Forget any national networks---they don't have them.

We cruise Celbrity a lot. Once I was watching an episode of the King of Queens, and I realized I had seen it before. I have never watched the show at home and I realized I'd seen it on my last Celbrity cruise. They don't even rotate the old shows they show and as Kitty said, they don't carry any of the major networks.

Carnival doesn't have the several hundred stations we're used to at home, but it's the best of the lines we've sailed for TV. :)

On our Legend cruise last year, we were getting ready to go to bed and I thought I was having a deja vu moment ..... the channel was on NBC and the 11 o'clock news came on .... the voice was familiar .... the first story of the night was reporting on the score of the Buffalo Sabres game ...... how could this be on a cruise in the middle of the Caribbean? Yes, my local NBC affiliate from Buffalo, NY! I must admit it was rather nice hearing about the temps in the 30's while we were basking in 80 degree weather! :D

Of course folks don't cruise for TV. But not having one at home these past 10 years...I have come to love it on a cruise before turning in. Don't have TV...never said I don't like it. NFL playoffs was on during our last cruise, I don't think I missed a game after getting on board.

Maybe they do. So what. Maybe they work 90 hours a week and never get to watch TV so on vacation they like to.

Everyone wants different things on their vacation. Just because it isn't something you do doesn't matter.

I live in Florida and I get tired of the hurricane coverage. They repeat the same information every ten minutes for hours and hours. It doesn't mean people would not be concerned about the damage or loss.

I like your answer. p.s. I live in Florida too. Agree.

Archived