Carnival Cruise - Belize port - cave tubing excursion questions

lithlith

I posted on the Carnival board and haven't had a response...so I thought I would try here:

I've been investigating Carnival excursions for the Belize port.

There seem to a few cave tubing excursions and I have no idea what the difference is between them. I'm looking for someone to explain the difference or their experiences with any of these excursions. (I'm not looking for someone to talk me into an independent excursion.)

These were the cave tubing options I saw listed on Carnival's website:

Belize Cave Tubing with lunch (6 hours for about $95pp)

Belize Cave Tubing (5.5 hours for about $85pp)

Crystal Cave Tubing and Cave Expedition (5.75 hours for about $120pp)

quote.gif

I posted on the Carnival board and haven't had a response...so I thought I would try here:

I've been investigating Carnival excursions for the Belize port.

There seem to a few cave tubing excursions and I have no idea what the difference is between them. I'm looking for someone to explain the difference or their experiences with any of these excursions. (I'm not looking for someone to talk me into an independent excursion.)

These were the cave tubing options I saw listed on Carnival's website:

Belize Cave Tubing with lunch (6 hours for about $95pp)

Belize Cave Tubing (5.5 hours for about $85pp)

Crystal Cave Tubing and Cave Expedition (5.75 hours for about $120pp)

quote.gif

I"m not sure how much more I know than you do... but have done some of my own research on these.. Sounds like the difference between the first 2 is pretty self-explanatory... one stops for half an hour for lunch and the other doesn't (and seeing as how the excursion lasts 6 hours and every private exursion company offers food of some sort, I would think it would be worth getting a lunch). I looked into the crystal cave tubing and the impression I got was that the "belize cave tubing" goes down a main river that runs through 2/3 caves. The crystal cave tubing goes through a lesser river (one person mentioned that when the water level was too high for the cave tubing trip they were offered to go on the crystal cave tubing instead). And instead of being 45 min - 1 hour of tubing, it's more a combo of tubing/ getting off the tubes and walking through a cave.

Go to http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g291968-d667329-r52590306-Cave_Tubing_Zip_Line_with_Explore_Belize_Caves-Belize_City_Belize_District.html and read the review titled

“2nd Cave option- Crystal Cave, even better!”

However, if you search for crystal cave, virutally all of the pictures look like a dry cave that you walk through, so no idea how much of it is tubing vs walking.

Hope that helps.

Personally, we're booked for the cave tubing trip through cave-tubing.com

• 1 month later...

Archived