Harwich Port/bottled water

zwolinski

Will be sailing out of Harwich on the Infinity in May. Usually bring a case of bottled water on board. Does anyone know if there is any place we can buy water near the ship ??? Thanks

Don't know how you are getting to the port, but you could stop at any small shop/grocery store and purchase some.

If you can't find it near the port, you can always get it at your first port visit. On our last TA, I caught a cold and was drinking lots of fluids. I found you could purchase a 6-pack of 1.5L bottles of water (make sure it has no gas :)) at a small store while out on an excursion. I purchased 2 of them at two different ports before we crossed the pond. They only cost about 3-5 Euro for a 6-pack.

Will be sailing out of Harwich on the Infinity in May. Usually bring a case of bottled water on board. Does anyone know if there is any place we can buy water near the ship ??? Thanks

We will also be on that same cruise. What is Celebrity's policy concerning carrying on soft drinks/water?

Are you going a day early and staying in Harwich? If so, what hotel are you using? We stayed at the Premiere Inn (I think that was the name of it) and there was a small store right next door and I bought a six-pack of water and brought it on board with me.

There is a Morrison's supermarket nearby the port although not 100% how you are getting to the port but easy if you are driving. I think you might be on the same sailing as us 24th May 13.

If you're on the May 24th sailing to the Norwegian Fjords from Harwich, come on over and join us on the roll call.

http://http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1596484

I have already joined the roll call this afternoon :-)

In regards to a hotel the closet would be the premier inn, at the moment they have rooms for £63 for the pre cruise. It's a decent quality and has a basic restaurant / bar. There are other hotels in the centre of Harwich / Dovercourt however they are further from the port.

My DH & I are on the 14th June sailing to Fjords. I tried a few weeks ago to book one of the small hotels in Harwich but it was already fully booked. We have booked the Premier Inn for the 13th. Just a warning that if you want to stay in Harwich the night before starting a cruise you might find it difficult to get accomadation if you leave it too late.

Archived