Which insurance for me?

daZboys

I have never purchased cruise insurance in the past but I am considering it now. I am traveling in November out of Port Everglades. I purchased my airfare with rewards on my credit card and my final payment for cruise has been made.

With the current weather issue in Florida it is making me think that maybe I should have insurance for my upcoming trip.

What type of coverage should I be looking at? I looked at the website that has been recomended on this board and I am not clear on if they cover both my air and cruise or just the cruise portion. And will they cover if weather issues keep me from flying into Ft Lauderdale the night before the cruise.

I would appreciate any suggestions,

Thanks

I have never purchased cruise insurance in the past but I am considering it now. I am traveling in November out of Port Everglades. I purchased my airfare with rewards on my credit card and my final payment for cruise has been made.

With the current weather issue in Florida it is making me think that maybe I should have insurance for my upcoming trip.

What type of coverage should I be looking at? I looked at the website that has been recomended on this board and I am not clear on if they cover both my air and cruise or just the cruise portion. And will they cover if weather issues keep me from flying into Ft Lauderdale the night before the cruise.

I would appreciate any suggestions,

Thanks

First Issue flying on mileage

You have paid $0 cash out of pocket expense for your flights. Therefore you have $0 to claim. However, what can be claimed is whatever it would cost you to rebank your miles if your airline allows this. So, you would need to ensure that the policy you purchase would reimburse you for rebanking the miles.

Weather. No. Insurance would not cover just because a weather issue arose that caused you to miss your cruise and you just decided to stay home. Now, if you were to (pay out of pocket) to catch up to the cruise at another (non US) port, then you could file a claim for trip delay for reimbursement for the additional airfare + missed number of days on the cruise.

Archived