Sapphire Beach - Snorkel Equipment Rental?

Griffvols

I've read through numerous posts and apologize in advance if I overlooked the answer to this question.

We are a group of 11 who will be on the Valor on 9/15 and stopping in St. Thomas on 9/18. We are going to take the taxi to Sapphire Beach and then stop at Paradise Point on the way back. Is there snorkel equipment available to rent on Sapphire Beach? Is there shade available? My husband had a heart attack six weeks ago and we have to be very careful about him overheating. Thanks.

We wish your husband well, the cruise is at a good time. Do consider grabbing a disposable cooler and filling with ice as another means of keeping him cool. You can probably find the cooler and ice in the dock area before boarding the taxi. Or if you have your own driver for the group have him stop at the Red Hook Marina Market for these, that's just a few minutes from Sapphire.

Yes, snorkel gear is rented at the dive center along with lounges and floaties (the floaties are pads that can be used on the lounges or in the water). These items were included with our condo rental when we stayed there and I never saw amy umbrellas but you can ask.

There are some shaded areas along the back of the beach several steps from the water. These go fast. There are also trees along the shoreline in front of bldgs A & B of the resort.

Excellent itinerary choice, that's our favorite way to spend the day on the island!

patouche & aristocat are excellent options but are both out of Tortola.

For St Thomas look at the options at vinowdotcom and search for day sails, there are several well-regarded operators. Yacht Nightwind, Cap't Max, Fury- there are several to choose from.

Archived