South Pacific Cruises which ones are the best

sweetcupcakegrl

I want to take my newly husband and I on a cruise to the south pacific next Decemeber we both are off from Dec 21- Jan 4 2013. What is the best place to go and is Austraila included in anyone of the tours? We have family there, and If it does to to Bora, Bora, and also Austraila I want to go too. any suggestions?

thanks Sweet

This past Dec. we did a cruise out of Auckland around New Zealand and finishing in Sydney as my son is in Med. school down under. It was a great cruise on Celebrity but does not do F&P which we are doing this Nov./Dec..

We added the snorkeling by taking a short side trip to Port Douglas at the G&B and that rounded out our trip wonderfully as we stayed in Sydney a few days also. It is hard to visit both regions that you are talking about and fully enjoy them as they are vast in size and distance. Dec./Jan you can get cyclones in the South Pacific so be aware of this.

Paul Gauguin had a one time only itinerary this past January from Brisbane to Tahiti. I would not do that again at that time of year. We spent much of the time hiding from two cyclones in various ports and missed most of our scheduled ports. The weather in French Polynesia was fine. The weather around New Caledonia and Fiji was pretty lousy.

Archived