Oasis or Allure for 16/18 yr olds??

Just returned from the Clebrity Summit. We all had a good time, but RCCL def better for our kids (as we knew going into it). I am wondering if anyone recommends the Allure or Oasis over the other for older teens? Or....the Western vs Eastern itinerary for a good turnout of older teens. I imagine that they are pretty comparable. Also, I have read some reviews that say the older teens are harassed when out past 1:00am on Allure. Is this true? If so, on both the Allure and Oasis? That will be a definite problem, as kids do hangout past that time...even on Celebrity ( with no problem). We are looking at going in June. Thanks for any insight!!

Just returned from the Clebrity Summit. We all had a good time, but RCCL def better for our kids (as we knew going into it). I am wondering if anyone recommends the Allure or Oasis over the other for older teens? Or....the Western vs Eastern itinerary for a good turnout of older teens. I imagine that they are pretty comparable. Also, I have read some reviews that say the older teens are harassed when out past 1:00am on Allure. Is this true? If so, on both the Allure and Oasis? That will be a definite problem, as kids do hangout past that time...even on Celebrity ( with no problem). We are looking at going in June. Thanks for any insight!!

Differences are not that much.

Oasis leaves on Saturday, Allure on Sunday.

Check out the entertainment as that will be different.

We were on Allure this past June with my son who turned 17 the week after. He met up with a number if kids, some of which he is still talking to. Royal does have a curfew of 1:00 am for all under 18. If the kids are in the teen center that could go a little later. They do watch and re-toute them back to their cabin if past curfew. There were a few nights my son was out later, but he was at an activity in the teen club.

I have read on these boards that the Allure is a bit more organized for this age than Oasis but do not have first hand experience. The one other thing I will tell you is that the 18 year old most likely will not be allowed into the teen club. If the kids doing different things is an issue, then the teen ckub may not be a good option.

If you are just going for the ship the two are almost identical, so go for the shows, itinerary and best price.

my ds at 16 loved oasis. but they are pretty comparable. the did make the under 18 kids go back to thier rooms unless a parent was with them. we did eastern and went to atlantis for the day and ds loved it. It was a bit pricey but it docked on DSs birthday so it was special

Archived