Walk me through the steps... please

mamajo3304

I am booked for my 2nd cruise and my cruise mates are all on thier 1st. I had a TA last time who dealt with the price drop, so I am a newbie at this.

I booked 2 cabins (side by side) for the 4 of us using a PVP. He told me that I could call him anytime to check prices but that there might be drops that I am eligible for that the other 3 aren't because I am a past guest and I shouldn't discuss the price I am paying with them. Someone on here suggested that I can check the fares anytime I want on farefinder without having to call the PVP.

Ok, so I have checked and so far no changes, which isn't surprising since we don't go until April. Anyhow, I know how to do that part. What I need help is this:

What steps do I take should I find that there has been an ES price drop? Do I have to go through my PVP to request the new price, or can I file it myself? I know there is a form somewhere, but don't know where or what to do with it. Can someone help me so that I can be prepared in event of a price drop? What steps do I take to claim the price drop and how will I know my price is different as a past guest than the others? Also, if my price were to drop, since my cabinmate is not a past guest, how would it be reflected since we have one account? I don't see how I could possibly keep my fare a secret from her.

Also, we are in 4c, what would be considered an upgrade to this? Just anything in the 4 category? What's the difference in these cabins anyhow?

Thanks for any help you are willing to give me.

I am booked for my 2nd cruise and my cruise mates are all on thier 1st. I had a TA last time who dealt with the price drop, so I am a newbie at this.

I booked 2 cabins (side by side) for the 4 of us using a PVP. He told me that I could call him anytime to check prices but that there might be drops that I am eligible for that the other 3 aren't because I am a past guest and I shouldn't discuss the price I am paying with them. Someone on here suggested that I can check the fares anytime I want on farefinder without having to call the PVP.

Ok, so I have checked and so far no changes, which isn't surprising since we don't go until April. Anyhow, I know how to do that part. What I need help is this:

What steps do I take should I find that there has been an ES price drop? Do I have to go through my PVP to request the new price, or can I file it myself? I know there is a form somewhere, but don't know where or what to do with it. Can someone help me so that I can be prepared in event of a price drop? What steps do I take to claim the price drop and how will I know my price is different as a past guest than the others? Also, if my price were to drop, since my cabinmate is not a past guest, how would it be reflected since we have one account? I don't see how I could possibly keep my fare a secret from her.

Also, we are in 4c, what would be considered an upgrade to this? Just anything in the 4 category? What's the difference in these cabins anyhow?

You dont have to keep it a secret. If 1 person in the cabin is a past guest all in cabin are given the discount. You can file it yourself using this form http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Go to carnival.com and do a fake booking from within the same type room you have. Book it with the amount of people you have booked in your original reservation. If you find a price lower with correct number of people then submit an early saver online form.

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/requestforms/cclearlysaverform.aspx

Once submitted it takes 3-5 business days for a response. Be sure to have your booking number and all other important information when filling out the form.

Another thing to keep in mind, you booked early saver and selected your cabins. You can receive a price match for any published fare on a like cabin category but if the fare isn't one that allows you to select your cabin you will lose your current cabin assignment in exchange for the lower fare. This means Carnival will assign your cabins and you may not be next to each other.

This may be ok with you but you should be aware of the possibility.

In terms of upgrades ... Anything in the 4's with a higher letter, ie. 4d, 4e, etc, 6 (ocean views), 8 (balconies), 9, or suites would be an upgrade.

I'm not sure what ship you're on, but generally the only difference between the inside cabins are deck and location. There are exceptions though, such as the French door 4k on spirit class.

At any time, you can upgrade to any cabin by paying the fare difference (without extra charges)- just call your PVP.

Also, watch for other fares you are eligible for, such as resident state.

Good luck!

J

Archived