Early Savers Question

Honeybear

I apologise, I think I posted this on the wrong place the first time. :confused:

I have haunted CC website daily, almost all day, for a month! I've learned more from this site than I did in my first six years of school! :D I just want to thank each and every one of you for your great advice!

We booked a balcony room on the Conquest from Carnival for April 28,2013, are we allowed to transfer to a TA? What are the pros and cons of having a TA verses using Carnival?

From what I've read you all seem to recieve a lot more from your TA? It's been a month and my listed price keeps going up! No price drop for me. Of course I understand "my" rate doesn't go up just because the rates do. Please advise me.

I think its 60 days from the date you book you can transfer to a TA. Have you also read thread after thread after thread where people used a TA and now are having trouble getting price drops processed. Or the TA has a fee for changes. I would also say the large majority of TAs do not give perks or discounts or OBC. They cant advertise it if they do, so you have to start calling around trying to find one. I finally found one. Would give me $100 OBC. The downside was if I cancelled they had a $100 cancellation fee (on top of whatever Carnival would charge).

If you choose to use a TA do understand you give up all control of your booking. You can no longer put in for price drops yourself. Everything now has to go thru the TA. Thats what they are being paid for.

Some TAs are great and give great service.. but dont discount or give any perks. So you give up control of your booking for nothing extra.

Your post sounds like you believe most TAs give perks, when I dont think that is reality.

Im just saying make sure you ask all the right question before you do this. Ask about fees, they often dont tell you the fees until you book if you dont ask, they dont volunteer this info. Ask about processing price drops. What if your TA is out of town, does she have someone covering for her, is this a one man operation, etc.

Archived