Question about booking with TA

elektrawmn

This is the first time I've used a TA instead of booking with cruiseline directly.

If I find a cheaper rate, will the TA adjust...... or am I stuck with what I paid? Or are they supposed to be watching rates and notify me??

Thanks!

This is the first time I've used a TA instead of booking with cruiseline directly.

If I find a cheaper rate, will the TA adjust...... or am I stuck with what I paid? Or are they supposed to be watching rates and notify me??

Thanks!

My experience is that you should watch for price decreases and notify the agent. I have had it lowered a couple of times but only after I noticed the decrease and called the TA.

I have used several company's and they have all been very good about changing the price when it goes down as long as it is before final payment. But remember: Any extra goodies that they have added to that cruise will also be gone because you are technically canceling that booking and making a new one - so make sure that the lower fare compensates for any OBC that you might loose. Once final payment was paid my TA was able to get a cabin upgrade for me, but no money back.

You should watch yourself and contact your TA to request the change.

Some TA's also charge a fee for every change they have to make to your reservation. For example, a $25 fee to get that decreased fare for you.

So make sure the new rate is not only less, and takes into account any OBC you already have and may lose, but that it's also is enough of a difference to account for any fees that your TA may charge.

Also, a TA will usually provide you with some OBC, although they cannot discount the NCL cruise price. Yes, you see a lower price before final payment, NCL, through you TA will give it to you....keeping in mind as others said, you might lose other bennies by rebooking.

Archived