OBC for booking your next cruise while onboard

Willbcruisin

Ok need some back up here.

Who has booked a cruise while on a cruise? I have done this a few times and receive an OBC for booking on the ship at the future cruise desk.

I did not buy a FCC but purchased my next sailing.

My issue is .....they still have not posted my OBC to my account in my cruise manager. I actually have no billing info showing at all and sail in 10 days. I have been dealing with CCL different departments as well as my PVP has tried to resolve this. Today's story is it will post to my billing approx 3 to 4 days prior to sailing? A few weeks ago they said it would post soon, then two weeks prior to sailing ect, ect.

Again I have done this before and my OBC showed in my billing within a few days.

I booked 7/9/12. I have the letter from the loyalty lady on the ship that states the OBC will show in a few days after sailing by the main office.

I am only asking who else has booked while on a sailing as the lady at CCL today told me she had been there for almost 30 years and never knew this?? Then she contacted the promo department and they are the ones that said 3-4 days prior to sailing?? I know what my experience has been in the past and it was nothing like this. Anyone had experience with this?

I am only asking as I want confirmation in my hand and on my billing so I don't have to go to guest services during my cruise.

Thanks!

I purchased a 2/23/13 Liberty cruise while on a 3/24/12 Freedom cruise. When I returned from the cruise, I checked for the on board credit and it took about 7 to 10 days to appear on my Invoice that I printed on the computer. I am looking at a 4/4/12 print out of the Invoice and it also appears. I had no problems in getting the On Board Credt.

On 5/7/12, I mailed 2 voucher forms for friends who also booked the 2/23/13 Liberty cruise. They have also received the $100 on board credits. These did require some follow up and it took 3 to 4 weeks before they appeared on their invoices.

I thought the process worked well but it seems like others have had similar problems like yours. I think it might be the result of how efficient the Carnival Representative is on the ship who handles the paper work.

I have also purchased FCC's while on board a Carnival ship. Some times you send them in and there is no problem. Other times, you have to follow up several times. So either way, it is a gamble.

We booked a future cruise while on a cruise, and our onboard credit showed up as soon as I entered the confirmation number for the cruise into my cruise manager. So we are talking about 2 days max after the cruise. FYI, cruised September 2011 and the future cruise is Nov 2012. So it has been showing for nearly a year now.

Hi, I also booked while I was onboard last month. I was told it OBC will show up within two weeks. The booking showed, but nothing shows at all on the "Billing" tab. Not the price of the cruise, taxes, etc.

I called Carnival on Friday and they said they will get this resolved at least Wednesday this week. They told me that since I booked onboard, they consider that as booking through a TA, but after 2 weeks, it should show up as a normal booking you've made yourself.

I checked my account online on Monday morning, and everything was showing. Just try calling their customer service and they can get it resolved for you.

Like you, I want to see the cost of my cruise online and what I have paid, what my balance is and when the final payment is due, and if my OBC has been posted yet. These are all the information that are on the "Billing" tab.

Give them another call and hope they can get it resolced for you.

Can someone tell me how much the OBC is for booking a cruise while on a cruise? did not know about this. always buy a FCC while on board. another question, if you book a cruise while on a cruise, do you get OBC as well as the OBC for a FCC?

Pat

Thank you all for your replies. Exactly what I expected to hear. My last conversation was with CCL, again today. I have never had any problem and am afraid the loyalty rep on the ship may have done something wrong with my booking. She did not have most information entered?

I have made SO many phone calls and spoken with so many departments. I transferred the booking to my PVP and he and his supervisor are getting the same run around.

I appreciate the input as I have tried to explain over and over that this should not be an issue, I should be able to see my billing in my billing tab and my documents.

The "promo" department does not accept incoming calls. I will just keep on trying. Thanks again!

When I booked my cruise on a cruise, they asked me if I wanted to assign a TA and I said I did. They took the info and assigned the cruise to my TA. Was not a problem and I confirmed it with the TA. My Invoice shows her as "Your Travel Professional", fancy term for TA.

You cannot apply an on board credit for a FCC and a also apply a credit for purchasing a cruise on a cruise. Carnaval will only give you one on board credit for your future cruise.

Are you just looking at the billing when you go to "manage my cruise?" I never see OBC there.

I go to "view cruise documents" then "print general information" and find the OBC on page two, after the "cruise itemized charges" inside the box below that.

After emailing CCL support it was taken care of this morning. I now have my OBC and it does show in my billing tab of my cruise manager. I just printed it out and now can take it with me with my documents.

Thanks so much for all of your replies. I am now a happy cruiser :D

Can someone tell me how much the OBC is for booking a cruise while on a cruise? did not know about this. always buy a FCC while on board. another question, if you book a cruise while on a cruise, do you get OBC as well as the OBC for a FCC?

Pat

There is none. I think the op is talking about a discount for being past guest.

Carnival did away with this a few years ago when they instituted the fcc program.

There is none. I think the op is talking about a discount for being past guest.

Carnival did away with this a few years ago when they instituted the fcc program.

If I am the other poster I was referring to my credit due to booking my next sailing through the future cruise desk while on the ship.

All is well now.

You can book your next sailing on the ship, choosing your sail date, ship and cabin and receive an OBC according to cabin type.

The other is you can purchase a future cruise certificate (FCC) to book another cruise at a later time and receive an OBC.

Archived