Ruby or Caribbean Princess?

TMS9539

I'm trying to decide between the Ruby or the CB for the first week of December. Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the two ships? I've been on the CB, but never the Ruby. Itinerary isn't all that important to us since we've already been to all the ports, so we just want the nicer ship. We always get a balcony cabin. Does anyone know if the CB has flat screen tv's in the rooms? My favorite thing on the CB was the adults only pool at the back of the ship. Does the Ruby have that? Thanks!

The pool in the aft is the Terrace Pool, and yes, the Ruby has one, too. Unlike on the CB, however, it is not shaded by Skywalker's. Skywalker's is located further forward, behind the funnel, not perched atop the aft on support beams. Otherwise, the ships are very ,very similar. I personally would go with the Ruby, as I prefer the unshaded aft pool, and I also like the little aft area on deck 16 outside Sabatini's, with its nice wrought-iron tables and chairs and little fountain. Plus I love the bar Adagio, next door to Sabatini's.

I think all the ships have had flat-screens installed, but I don't really pay attention to the particulars of electronic devices. As long as the set works and I can get the channel with a weather forecast or current temps, I'm good. It's a colour set, I know that much!

I have sailed both. True they are quite similar, but I give the nod to Ruby. That it is a newer ship was obvious when aboard. I like the Adagio bar area on deck 16. I found the set up of Crooner's Lounge to be a bit larger and more set off than on Caribbean Princess which had more of a pass through feeling. The Wheelhouse Bar is moved forward and not right next door to the Explorer's Lounge. Works better as a larger and more separate entity. However, for my sailings I found the pizza on CB much better!

I thought they were pretty similar but wanted to make sure. I think we will go with the CB for the extra at sea day and the shaded aft pool. For me the shade from Skywalkers was one of the things I liked the best, because I try to stay out of the direct sun, so it's good to know that it's not shaded on the Ruby. It sounds like the Ruby might be slightly nicer but not enough to give up the shaded pool. Also, CB departs on a Saturday which is a bit better for our schedule. Thanks for the feedback!

Does anyone know if the CB has flat screen tv's in the rooms?

I am not sure why anybody really wants the flat screen TV in the cabin as it takes significantly longer to warm up than the old style TVs and Princess does not make use of any of the technology a flat screen TV would allow.

Anything shown by Princess on the TV is at the resolution of the previous TVs.

The main advantage is that you can reach the spare electrical outlet that is behind the flat screen TV.

In any event, I would hope that nobody picks a cruise ship based on if there is a flat screen TV in the cabin.

Archived