Has anyone tried Ideal Protein

bolt

I am going to an information meeting on September 5th. Two of the gals I work with are on the program and have lost weight. One of them only needed to lose about 25 lbs. She accomplished this and has maintained weight loss for about 18 months so far. The other one has lost about 60 lbs in the last 6 months.

Any feedback or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

I attended the meeting last night. They had samples of the foods. I tried them and they were pretty tasty. There was not anything they had samples of that a disliked. They have 65 different food options. You eat 3 packets of their food a day. Then you have one meal that you prepare which is 5-8 ounces of protein with 2 cups of veggies and unlimited lettuce. You also have 2 cups veggies and unlimited lettuce with your lunch.

The program has to be followed very strictly. The estimate is that you will lose 3-7 lbs per week.

It is a physician supervised program so you have to meet once a week with your coach to be weighted, measured, review your food log for the week and buy another week of food.

Your coach also measures your lean muscle mass and body fat every week to make sure you are losing fat and not muscle.

The program theory is to increase your protein intake, reduce carbs and force your body to burn your stored fat. It also claims to get your pancreas back in working order.

The program seemed very feasible. It is a little costly but if your not have your coffees and meals out I think it will pay for itself. I also like that the program has 4 phases. I was very impressed with their goals for your maintenance. I think alot of us get to our goal or close only to gain it back.

I think I am going to give it a try. Several of my coworkers have been very successful on this program. One of them only had 20lbs to lose but she has done that and maintained it for almst 2 years. Another one has lost about 70 lbs and has 20 more to go but she looks and feels great. One of the things I like alot is that they seem to be losing the weight in the right places.

There is also alot of helpful information at 3fatchicksonadiet . They have a forum on ideal protein.

If you have any other questions I will try to answer them.

The program theory is to increase your protein intake, reduce carbs and force your body to burn your stored fat.

With adequate protein intake, and a caloric deficit, you are certain to lose weight. Keeping protein high will increase your odds of minimizing muscle loss. Add in resistance exercise and that will further increase your odds of keeping that muscle.

I think it is good that there is a method to monitor your progress other than scale weight, because it is foolish to just want to lose X amount of pounds, oblivious to the fact that many diets will have you losing loads of muscle. The key is fat loss. Caloric deficit will certainly work.

Good luck.

Two of my friends that did it lost 11 pounds the first week.

It is a good motivational thing to see that much scale weight lost, but the reality is that the vast majority of that certainly was likely water weight, which is reduced once you reduce your carb/sodium intake. It is unlikely that that amount of weight will be repeated weak after week.

It is a good motivational thing to see that much scale weight lost, but the reality is that the vast majority of that certainly was likely water weight, which is reduced once you reduce your carb/sodium intake. It is unlikely that that amount of weight will be repeated weak after week.

I didn't say this would be repeated the next week however, anyone I know that has done loses alot of weight in the first 6 weeks usually between 25 -35 . I for one do not believe "water weight".

...The program theory is to increase your protein intake, reduce carbs and force your body to burn your stored fat....

...I for one do not believe "water weight".

Hormones, cortisol, estrogen, carbs and sleep all impact water retention. Almost EVERY diet fad out there will have people dropping serious "weight" (note, not "fat") during the first week, and that is almost always because the people will have been eating high carbs/sodium, and most diets have them significantly reduce their carb/sodium intake.

If you do not believe this takes place, I encourage you to research this topic. You may want to start with pubmed and use the term "glycogen."

I lost 4 lbs my first week. Very happy with that. First few days on this diet were rough as they are with any diet. I certainly am not going hungry. In fact most days have to force myself to eat all the food.

So far so good.

• 2 weeks later...

In 2 weeks I have lost 8 lbs and about 7 inches. They only measure you in 5 places. I will have my 3rd weight in tomorrow. I think I am down another 2 or 3 lbs but I will know for sure tomorrow. So far I am very happy with the results. I would like to lose another 10 lbs. and then begin the maintainance program.

Thanks for asking

• 2 weeks later...
with adequate protein intake, and a caloric deficit, you are certain to lose weight. Keeping protein high will increase your odds of minimizing muscle loss. Add in resistance exercise and that will further increase your odds of keeping that muscle.

I think it is good that there is a method to monitor your progress other than scale weight, because it is foolish to just want to lose x amount of pounds, oblivious to the fact that many diets will have you losing loads of muscle. The key is fat loss. Caloric deficit will certainly work.

Good luck.

+1,000,000!

In five weeks I have lost 14 lbs. Very happy with this. I only have another 9 lbs to go to get to my goal!

There are several websites that offer lots of tips and recipes. They have really helped me.

Well day 3 and I'm down 3.5. The chocolate protein mix is really good and keeps me full. The snack bar I had is good too. My sister and I each have at least 50 pounds to lose so it will come off faster for a while I think. My sisters weigh in was 12 pounds in 3 weeks. Pretty awesome. Our cruise is the first part of January so we'll see how much we can lose before we cruise!

Good job Missy!

I have my next weight in tomorrow and am pretty excited. I think I am down a lbs or 2 which is great for me because I am pretty close to my goal. I am starting to get more creative with my veggies and packets. I found a recipe for an english muffin out of the potato puree packet that is wonderful!

I had my week 6 Weight In today.....I am down 4lbs for the week for a total of 17lbs in 6 weeks. 6 lbs to go and I am at my goal weight! I hope to reach that goal before Thanksgiving.

I just made an english muffin out of the potato puree packet. Yum. It has been 6 weeks since I have had bead. It tasted so good! Now to get my veggies in for lunch and then start working on dinner.

My cruise is in February so I figure even if I gain a few lbs over the holidays I should be able to lose them before we leave for New Orleans and our cruise.

Great Job! I love my BBQ Ridges. They are my favorite snack. I have my WI on thursday. I think I am down another lbs or two. But we will see what the official scale says.

I am within about 6 lbs of my goal. Looking forward to phasing out.

I am a little worried about Thanksgiving. But I am taking it one day at a time. I still get hungry sometimes but I just have more herbal tea or if its really bad a piece of celery with walden farms peanut butter.

Spent my Sunday making IP Crock Pot Soup for my lunches and making my veggie purees for the week.

I find the key for me is to be prepared.

Archived