logistics -Heathrow hotel and Windsor

EGG

Debarking in Southampton and have a flight out at 4 p.m the next day. We plan to spend day 1 traveling to London and British Museum. We've been to London before and we are considering going to Windsor on the morning of day 2. If we do this it is a better idea to stay at a hotel at the airport. We have a limo transfer since we can't handle luggage so it would save quite a bit for both limo transfer and hotel cost to stay at Heathrow.

Has anyone done this and can you tell me what hotel you stayed in and how hard it was to take public transportation to and from London?

Has anyone gone from a Heathrow hotel to Windsor and what Hotel and transportation did you use. We need to do this on our own and be on our own time schedule to get back to hotel by 1.

Well, I would not attempt to go to Windsor, given such a tight time frame. We stayed in London and still allowed a full day for Windsor. Train ride from London is short (30 to 40 min. from Paddington station, with a quick transfer in Slough). You would also need to allow time for Tube travel on the Picadilly line to Paddington. Just not enough time, in my opinion.

You would also need to allow for lineup times at the Castle. We prebooked entrance tickets for Windsor Castle, thus avoiding lineup. Once inside the castle grounds, there is another lineup for the entrance to the castle, which took approx. half an hour.

Sorry, we not familiar with hotels around the airport. I suggest you hop on the Picadilly Line and spend a couple of hours enjoying London.

Archived