Magic Sailing Out Of Galveston - Itinerary

logan25

I don't want to start any rumors, but my husband heard from some women who are sailing on Magic in September, that Disney is planning to change the ports of call for at least some of their voyages. Nothing official has been released that we can tell. I have a call into my TA asking about verification for our October sailing.

Ok, now to add fuel to the gossip mill.

The women said new 8-day itinerary ports could be Cozumel, Key West, private island and Port Canaveral.

I don't want to start any rumors, but my husband heard from some women who are sailing on Magic in September, that Disney is planning to change the ports of call for at least some of their voyages. Nothing official has been released that we can tell. I have a call into my TA asking about verification for our October sailing.

The women said new 8-day itinerary ports could be Cozumel, Key West, private island and Port Canaveral.

So is it Disney or Carnival that is adding an 8-day itinerary?

The word is already out on other forums. Those people affected were notified Aug 20. They are the 8 night cruises (on the Disney Magic out of Galveston) beginning Jan 18 2013. Some had the ports changed, others were split into two 4 night cruises with one stop, Cozumel.

The people already booked on those cruises are being offered the ability to change to any of these new cruises or others, with other perks prior to them being opened to the public. The cruises will open to the public Sep 5.

:)

We were on the 2/1 8-nighter, which got changed to a 4-nighter, so we switched to the 2/15 8-night sailing. I can't put into words how excited my son & I are that DCL changed the itineraries to include not only a day at gorgeous Castaway Cay, but a day at WDW!! And all that right out of practically our backyard, no airfare needed! We are just over the moon. :D

-gina-

We were on the 2/1 8-nighter, which got changed to a 4-nighter, so we switched to the 2/15 8-night sailing. I can't put into words how excited my son & I are that DCL changed the itineraries to include not only a day at gorgeous Castaway Cay, but a day at WDW!! And all that right out of practically our backyard, no airfare needed! We are just over the moon. :D

-gina-

Could you list your itinerary? Sounds like a very nice change. We would also like to drive to port but would like to go somewhere besides Mexico or the Western Caribbean.

Can't wait to see this change on their website Sept 5???

Could you list your itinerary? Sounds like a very nice change. We would also like to drive to port but would like to go somewhere besides Mexico or the Western Caribbean.

Can't wait to see this change on their website Sept 5???

Here's the itinerary:

Friday - Galveston

Saturday - At sea

Sunday - At sea

Monday - Castaway Cay

Tuesday - Port Canaveral (with 1-day WDW hoppers & transportation)

Wednesday - At sea

Thursday - Key West

Friday - At sea

Saturday - Galveston

We're all about the sea days, so those combined with CC and WDW just makes this a dream itinerary for us!

Hope this helps,

-gina-

Here's the itinerary:

Friday - Galveston

Saturday - At sea

Sunday - At sea

Monday - Castaway Cay

Tuesday - Port Canaveral (with 1-day WDW hoppers & transportation)

Wednesday - At sea

Thursday - Key West

Friday - At sea

Saturday - Galveston

We're all about the sea days, so those combined with CC and WDW just makes this a dream itinerary for us!

Hope this helps,

-gina-

Nice! What are the hours they are docked in Port Canaveral? Must be a long day to be able to go to WDW. Maybe they should stay over night and make it a 9 night cruise.

That's exciting!!!! Have a great time. I can't wait to see the prices when they are released.

Nice! What are the hours they are docked in Port Canaveral? Must be a long day to be able to go to WDW. Maybe they should stay over night and make it a 9 night cruise.

The times are great! (Except for Key West, from what other people have commented, but that's a stay-on-the-ship day for us, usually.)

We get to Port Canaveral at 6:15am, and don't have to be back onboard until 11:45pm. That means that if we sign up for the first bus, we can be at Epcot in time for EMH, then spend the second part of the day and the evening at MK, which is our favorite thing to do. :)

We're in Key West from 7:30am to just 12:45pm, which is just silly to me. The sunsets are the main (only) draw to me. I'm hoping they run a port-day-spa-special that day, because then that's where I'll be!

-gina-

Archived