Best Cruise Parking in Galveston

jmss1950

This will be our first cruise sailing from Galveston. We are driving in that morning and hope that you can recommend the best [most convenient] parking. Can we drop off our bags first at the ship? Which parking is closest to the ship as we are retired and prefer not to have to walk too far?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Happy cruising.

:)

This will be our first cruise sailing from Galveston. We are driving in that morning and hope that you can recommend the best [most convenient] parking. Can we drop off our bags first at the ship? Which parking is closest to the ship as we are retired and prefer not to have to walk too far?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Happy cruising.

:)

The most convenient is Galveston Park 'n Cruise, which is right across the street from the cruise terminal. You can definitely drop your bags off first, and then just walk back across the street with whatever bags you're carrying on. They also have indoor parking, which we used last time. The people are very friendly, you can book online for extra savings, and you just can't beat the convenience!

http://*******************************

Hope this helps!

-gina-

EDIT: WHY in the name of all that is holy would the address of a cruise parking lot be blanked out?!? Sorry, OP, but feel free to Google it! :)

... WHY in the name of all that is holy would the address of a cruise parking lot be blanked out?!?...

See Removal of Posts in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership.

Note that Why don't you allow us to post about other cruise sites? My post contains *** and then you removed it! states the following:

... If a website's url or name is replaced by a series of *****, it usually means that particular website had spammed our community with advertisements for their site.

Hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 50.gif

I used park n cruise last time and will use it again $65 if you book online for indoor secured parking. We parked and were offered a golf cart ride to the light across from the terminal.

Its like a old storage or warehouse area, theres 4 or so buildings pull in park and once its full they lock it up, come back to nothing wrong with your car.

I hate leaving my car out in the elements!

We reserved (and paid in full on July 28th) a covered spot with Galveston Park N Cruise for our Crown Princess trip on January 5th. Today, September 6th, we received an e-mail canceling and refunding our reservation. :mad: They said they are not providing parking for Princess passengers!!:mad: What ever happened to first-come-first-served!! We're now scrambling since so many options are already full. :mad: This is outrageous and no way to run a business - I say stay away :mad:

Deedee

p.s. This would have been our third time using this parking service.

I used park n cruise last time and will use it again $65 if you book online for indoor secured parking. We parked and were offered a golf cart ride to the light across from the terminal.

I hate leaving my car out in the elements!

Thats what we did since my GF car is garage kept since birth:rolleyes: and the golf cart ride was a nice perk

We reserved (and paid in full on July 28th) a covered spot with Galveston Park N Cruise for our Crown Princess trip on January 5th. Today, September 6th, we received an e-mail canceling and refunding our reservation. :mad: They said they are not providing parking for Princess passengers!!:mad: What ever happened to first-come-first-served!! We're now scrambling since so many options are already full. :mad: This is outrageous and no way to run a business - I say stay away :mad:

Deedee

Im sorry to hear that and I agree they should be first come first serve and It should have never been accepted if thy didnt want the business

That is good to know If they wont accomodate the newer cruiselines as we are thinking about doing Princess again besides trying Disney.

Both of their prices sre competitive after final payment date

Deedee

Same thing happened to us. I reserved a couple of months ago - prepaid. Yesterday I got an email that they are cancelling some of the Disney cruise dates. So, now I'm here trying to find other options too.

Same thing happened to us. I reserved a couple of months ago - prepaid. Yesterday I got an email that they are cancelling some of the Disney cruise dates. So, now I'm here trying to find other options too.

Well, I guess it's not just Princess passengers they won't do business with...I'm thinking that Galveston is not able to handle the overall needs for 5 ships. :(

Well, I booked a cruise package with the Galvez. Since my DDs do not know about this cruise, it may just help with the cover up. WE can tell them we wanted a nice evening in Galveston. Looks like a nice hotel, and we won't have to make the drive on Saturday morning this time.

We are booked on Carnival next year - hopefully we'll have better luck with parking for that trip.

??????????????????????

:confused:

According to WEBSITE

Galveston Park and Cruise

"We provide parking for all cruise ship lines sailing from the Port of Galveston."

"

Carnival Magic

Carnival Triumph

Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas

Disney Magic

"

Fact:

The port is trying to get control of parking

by having cruisers pay through cruise lines with cruise booking

for port owned lots!

Pure Conjecture:

Princess Line may have or is negotiation with Port for a new exclusive parking arrangement ???????????????

And Park and Cruise is bucking ?????????

Possibly due to the various sail dates for the various ships & overlapping cruise lengths, they realized they "might/probably" be full on your date of departure. Therefore, for PR reasons they felt it best to cancel so you could find parking elsewhere before your sail date.

Kat 50.gif

We always use EZ parking. Only 1-2 blocks away. Have dropped off luggage at port then parked. Alos have them take us and luggage to port. Good price and friendly. If book on line cheaper and have spot reserved. Also in promotion code, type in cruise or Jason and get a discount.

Possibly due to the various sail dates for the various ships & overlapping cruise lengths' date=' they realized they "might/probably" be full on your date of departure. Therefore, for PR reasons they felt it best to cancel so you could find parking elsewhere before your sail date.

Kat [img']http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/50.gif[/img]

Yes fair observation!

??????????????????????

:confused:

According to WEBSITE

Galveston Park and Cruise

"We provide parking for all cruise ship lines sailing from the Port of Galveston."

"

Carnival Magic

Carnival Triumph

Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas

Disney Magic

"

Fact:

The port is trying to get control of parking

by having cruisers pay through cruise lines with cruise booking

for port owned lots!

Pure Conjecture:

Princess Line may have or is negotiation with Port for a new exclusive parking arrangement ???????????????

And Park and Cruise is bucking ?????????

I missed that "ALL" part... I guess they need to update their website. :( As for fact vs. conjecture, we were told (by them) that they (Galveston Park N Cruise) were trying to lease another building and were unable to...Regardless, the entire parking situation does not speak well for increased travel with 5 ships based out of Galveston. As I said in my first post, BEWARE :mad:

Deedee

I missed that "ALL" part... I guess they need to update their website. :( As for fact vs. conjecture, we were told (by them) that they (Galveston Park N Cruise) were trying to lease another building and were unable to...Regardless, the entire parking situation does not speak well for increased travel with 5 ships based out of Galveston. As I said in my first post, BEWARE :mad:

Deedee

The Port of Galveston has 2 huge lots also. They offer discounted prices by pre-booking. Go to the Port of Galveston website for more info.

Deedee

What is the entire parking situation you are aware of???

We live in Galveston!

and there many other lots with many vacant parking spaces!

This is a small operator

and only one compared to many others!

It is directly across the street from terminals

and is a very desirable location and in high demand

for just walking over after dropping off passengers first

or walking over with luggage after parking.

Its closer than most necessary walks in airports..

BUT it is limited in number of spaces compared to many others!

In my opinion the entire parking lot situation does speak well for increased travel with 5 ships based out of Galveston.

Galveston can handle the parking for five ships!

Do a internet search for cruise parking Galveston

if you are thinking

that Park and Cruise is the only game in town!

Im now probably agreeing with Host Kat

or thinking they accidently oversold the spaces.

Airlines and cruise ship do it!

Go to galveston.com also!

Possibly due to the various sail dates for the various ships & overlapping cruise lengths' date=' they realized they "might/probably" be full on your date of departure. Therefore, for PR reasons they felt it best to cancel so you could find parking elsewhere before your sail date.

How dare you use logic!:p

The overlapping made perfect sense to me as well. As I mentioned previously, after the Parking lot cancelled our reservation we opted for a cruise package at The Galvez. And to be honest - I think we'll enjoy this option more. We can drive down on Friday afternoon vs Saturday morning and have an early dinner followed by a nice hotel stay pre cruise.

We loved Bubba Gumps in Fort Lauderdale, may have to give the Galveston one a go for dinner. :)

The overlapping made perfect sense to me as well. As I mentioned previously, after the Parking lot cancelled our reservation we opted for a cruise package at The Galvez. And to be honest - I think we'll enjoy this option more. We can drive down on Friday afternoon vs Saturday morning and have an early dinner followed by a nice hotel stay pre cruise.

We loved Bubba Gumps in Fort Lauderdale, may have to give the Galveston one a go for dinner. :)

You will enjoy the Galvez!

There will be a tree lighting and other events at Galvez

on Friday nite Thanksgiving weekend,

that we always attend.

This is the response I finally got from them:

Hi,

That actually isn't a mistake, though it shouldn't say we are sold out.  We aren't planning to park for the Disney Magic after November.  Winter is actually our busiest time, with 5 ships in this year and the Disney Magic's schedule makes it difficult to coordinate parking spaces with the other cruises we service.  We will continue to park for the Carnival Magic and Triumph and the Royal Caribbean Mariner, but right now have no further plans to park for Disney. 

I let them know that the wholesale turning away of business instead of accepting reservations first-come-first-served was pretty much the singular most ignorant business model I have ever heard of, but that at least they have a lot of competition happy to take Disney Cruise customers. :rolleyes:

-gina-

Archived