taxi to White River for tubing?

39august

Sorry, I don't know exactly how much it would cost to get there. But I would definitely arrange to have the cab waiting to pick you upon the completion of the tour. It didn't appear that there were any cabs just waiting for people to be done.

I've done extensive research on getting to White River Valley not on a ship's tour- so we can do river tubing. Could not locate a tour operator and since it's a 40 min drive, taxi may cost more than doing ship's river tubing excursion. The only tour operator I found was Chukka Cove tours and they require a minimum of 8 people. I have a sneaking suspicion that is the company that contracts with the cruise ships.

I know RCCL and Princess use the same tour operator- the descriptions are exactly the same. We finally caved in and booked last nite with RCCL for their River Tubing excursion at $58pp. I figure the admission is at least $30, so $28pp for ride there not too bad- considering the distance AND the ship will wait for us if any problems. We booked for 9:30 AM and it's a 3.5 hr tour, so we can spend the PM at Margaritaville.

Our tablemates last year did the ship's tubing and had a great time and it wasn't crowded. We went with Phil Lafayette and although we had a wonderful day, his tubing excursion is only 30 minutes and it's downriver from the ship's excursion.

Sorry I could not provide more info. My search came up empty.

We made the river tubing part of our tour to Dunns River Falls. The admission was $20 per person in January and that was in addition to the $30 we paid to tour the island and climb Dunns River Falls. So $50.00 total. We used Peat Taylor and he was waiting at each place for us and gave us great helpful advice for each place we went. They also provided a great tour and walked us through what would happen with each part of the excursion. The ride to where we picked up the river tubing was only about 15 mins or so from Dunns River. The duration we were tubing in the water was about 45 - 50 minutes.

Thanks for the info. I may contact Peat and see if he can set us up without including Dunn's falls, as we have already done that with Peat a couple of years ago. Actually, Ionie McBeam's site shows a river rafting but says it is one hour. I may contact her and see if that is 1 hour on the river, or (surely not) total time! May have to go with the ship tour on this one!

Phil Lafayette and Peat Taylor take you to the same spot on the White River (I think it's the White River). It's about a 10-15 min drive from town. It's way downstream from the White River Valley facility about 40 minutes up in the mountains. That's why the Phil and Peat river excursions are about 30-45 min and only $20. We enjoyed our day with Phil, but this year we want the 1 1/2 hour on the river and high up- by Spanish Bridge. Just want more tubing and can't seem to find a tour operator willing to do this for a small group. It may also be that Chukka Cove tours has this one locked up. As in previous post, I think you need 8 minimum (and 40 max) for a tour with Chukka Cove, per their website. Their prices are not listed, but I doubt they are much less than the ship's excursion at $58- maybe you'll save $10. I'm not willing to try to find 4 other people to join us, so we decided to do the ship's tour. If anyone has definite research of one, it will help out other posters. I've been looking for months and asking for months.

Archived